Chapter 10

But I just couldn't anymore.

~Your POV~
After almost a day of agonisingly painful couple acts from 'nalu', as Mira liked to call them, Team Natsu was finally back at the guild.

All except from me.

I was at home, laying on my bed as I stared at the ceiling. I tried so hard to just suck it up, stand up from my spot on the bed, and go to the guild. It was nighttime, and after that job, I was getting tired.

But I didn't want to sleep yet. I had to think things through.

I needed to clear my head. It felt as though there was thick fog surrounding it, clouding out every other thought in my brain until all I could think of was Natsu, Natsu, and more Natsu.

His soft yet spiky salmon-pink hair, his bright smile that could light up a whole room — literally, his onyx eyes so deep I could dive in and never be able to reach the bottom.

I tried erasing all my thoughts of him, but it was impossible.

After about ten minutes of laying there thinking, I slowly got up and reluctantly walked out of my cozy home and towards the guild.

~Natsu's POV~
'Y/N sure is taking a long time to "unpack". I really need to talk to her. She seems unhappy about something.'

Just as I thought that, N/N came waltzing in from the door.

I waved her over to me.

"Y/N! Over here!" I called out.

She heard me and looked over, smiling as she came to me.

"Hey Natsu. What's up?" She asked.

My expression suddenly turned serious, earning me a confused look from the H/N sitting in front of me.

"Y/N, are you alright? You've been acting weird lately." I said.

She blinked in surprise and a smile broke out onto her face. She waved her hands in front of her face, as if saying 'oh, it's no big deal, I'm fine.'

"I'm fine, really. Besides, how have you and Lucy been doing?" She tried to change the subject, so I just let it go. She obviously didn't wanna talk about it.

I smiled at her.

"We've been doing just fine." I replied.

"Oh, that's just great." She smiled and looked me straight in the eye.

For some reason, her eyes were clouded and I couldn't read her emotions at all. All I could see was blank, emotionless E/C eyes staring in my onyx ones, even though there was a smile on her face.

I looked at her concerned.

"Y/N, you're not alright." I had to confront her, or she would never say a thing.

She shook her head. I could see tears in her eyes, and one by one, they started to fall.

"I'm ok." She said. Her smile didn't fade, it wouldn't. It seemed like a barrier to prevent unsaid feelings from pouring out.

I grabbed her shoulders and forced her to look at me.

"Y/N L/N, you're going to tell me what's wrong and I'm not leaving until you say it." I pressed.

She gulped and looked away.

"Do I have to?" She asked softly.

I nodded sternly. I needed to know.

She glanced around at everyone in the guild.

"Can we... go somewhere? I don't wanna say it in front of anyone but you." She whispered.

I smiled warmly and nodded, taking her hand and bringing her to a small clearing in the woods that we found ourselves.

She smiled.

"Better." She walked to the tree in the centre and leaned against it.

She turned to look at me and gestured for me to lean on the other side.

'She mustn't want me to see her expressions. Oh well, as long as she tells me what's wrong.'

I agreed and walked over to the other side of the tree and leaned against it as I sat down.

I could hear N/N let out a shaky breath and sighed deeply.

"Alright, here goes..."

~Your POV~
I leaned my head against the tree and sighed.

I felt a twinge in my chest and I felt a tear fall down my cheek as I cried softly.

"I saw you with L-Lucy all those t-times... and I... I thought you didn't wanna spend time with m-me anymore." I stuttered, which was partially true.

I left out the 'I love you' part, of course. I didn't want him to know. I didn't need him to know.

He sighed and turned around to look at me, smiling softly.

"I would never. I love spending time with you, and I won't ever stop. You're my best friend, Y/N." He said.

That sent a shot of pain through my heart.

I smiled as a tear came barrelling into my mouth, leaving a salty taste in its wake.

"Yeah, best friend." I looked at him and chuckled. My soul still empty, my heart still hurting, but I tried to be happy.

I wanted to support Natsu and Lucy, not tear them apart, so I smiled. I smiled through everything.

Because if you smile enough, it will stop hurting...

...right?

~Natsu's POV~
I was content after I gave N/N a hug, so I left to go back to the guild.

I opened the guild doors and walked inside. Because it was already evening, most of the guild members already left. The only people left were me, Lucy, Gray, Erza, Mira, Juvia and gramps.

Lucy saw me and waved. I grinned and walked over to her, taking her by the hand and we left the guild to go back to her apartment.

"Hey Natsu..." Lucy muttered. I looked at her and she was completely red.

"Yeah Luce? What's wrong?" I asked concerned.

She was playing with her fingers before she looked up at me. Her face became slightly less red, but she was still blushing.

"I was thinking about taking our relationship to the next level..." She muttered. It made me freeze in place.

"Y-You mean..." By that time, I was a blushing mess as well.

She nodded.

She then frantically waved her hands in front of her face.

"I mean you don't have to if you don't want to, I can wait. It's just... I wanna be one with you... 'ya know?" She asked.

I smiled sheepishly.

"Well, mating season is coming up, so maybe we can wait 'till then?" I asked.

She nodded and smiled. "I'm ok with that."

And so we laced hands and left for home.
___________________________
Words: 1100

Me: Lucy just offered Natsu her 'V card'! Everyone, code red, code red!

Natsu & Lucy: *sweatdrops* Uhh...

Y/N: *sweatdrops* I think that's a bit much, Author~Chan...

BYE!!!