Chapter 23

As strong as we knew our love was...

~Your POV~
I woke up to the sun shining brightly in my face. I groaned.

Looking to my side, I saw Natsu practically bear-hugging me in his sleep. This made me chuckle.

I ruffled his hair, taking a moment to appreciate how soft and fluffy it was, before saying, "Natsu, wake up."

He moaned and clutched me tighter. "No...!" He whined.

"I don't wanna get up, I'm comfy!" He continued. I felt my cheeks tinge and I sighed.

"Idiot. I'm hungry and wanna make breakfast." I said. He didn't budge.

I narrowed my eyes. "I don't intend on giving you any unless you wake up now."

He shot up, eyes wide with terror and disbelief.

"You wouldn't dare." He threatened, lifting up his hands in a position I did not like. I booked it.

"You have to catch me first!" We ended up running to the kitchen.

Unfortunately for me, Natsu with added determination was an unstoppable force.

He tackled me and put his hands against my sides, fingers gliding up and down as my cheeks grew red.

I burst out laughing, tears brimming my eyes as he tickled me with great skill.

"Natsu, s-stop!" I sputtered, but he kept going.

I struck back, tickling his weak spots and he collapsed onto the floor in a fit of laughter.

We both sat on the kitchen floor for five minutes straight, just laughing and tickling each other.

I wiped my tears and stood up, steadying myself with the kitchen counter as I calmed down.

He did the same, pulling me into his side as we started cooking together.

~Mira's POV~
I stepped into the basement.

There he sat, in the corner, gloomy as ever. I sighed.

"It's only for a day, Laxus." I muttered. He showed his disapproval with a loud grunt.

I stepped closer, and I saw his eyebrows furrow and his eyes squeeze shut. He clutched his head in pain.

"Not... closer... Mira..." He groaned. I took three quick steps back.

'I forgot about the whole mate thing.'

I smiled at him. "You can do this, Laxus." I left the basement with a smile.

What I didn't see was the small smile and light pink blush on his face as he watched my back.

~Your POV~
I stalked into the guild with Natsu's arm around my waist and smiles on our faces.

We saw Mira step out of the basement and greet us with her classic cheery smile and wave.

"Hello, you two. Kinda surprising to see you guys here at this time." She said. I glanced at the cock, seeing it was only 8 o'clock in the morning.

I sighed and pulled my hand back, smacking my good-hearted boyfriend on the head.

"Ow! N/N, what was that for?!" He grunted. I snickered.

"That's what you get for not making me go back to sleep." I whispered in his ear. He groaned.

"You suck." He muttered. I heard Lucy force a cough from the side.

I flushed slightly and turned towards her. "Hey, Lu! How's the novel going?" I asked.

Her smile widened and she quickly dragged me to her and Levy. I sat down beside Levy, watching Lucy work hard on the book in front of her.