Chapter 5

I knew it was bound to happen...

~Your POV~
I calmly opened the guild doors and stepped inside, smiling at everyone talking and laughing.

I decided to do a somewhat simple job and walked over to the job board to pick a flyer.

I saw one that said:

Help us!

There's a monster attacking Shiroke Town, and we need a strong wizard(s) to take care of it!

Reward: 500,000J

I decided it was good and turned around to leave, but I was met with two onyx eyes staring into mine.

I jumped back and braced myself on the board, letting out a cute little squeak.

"Oh, it's just you." I said.

Natsu jumped up.

"Hey, what's that?" He grabbed the job flyer from me before I could reply.

"500,000J?! I wanna join!" He yelled.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Lucy frown.

Ah right, I forgot she has feelings for him.

I faked a smile and said, "I was thinking the whole of Team Natsu could do it together." That was a lie.

I could see Lucy give me a thumbs up and mouth 'thank you' as she sat back down at her seat, pretending to not know anything.

I sighed as Natsu skipped ahead to find the rest of Team Natsu as I walked over to Lucy.

"Thanks a bunch Y/N, I owe 'ya one." She said.

I shook my head with a smile.

"You don't owe me anything." I replied.

She jumped up and gave me a bear hug, which I awkwardly returned.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" She cheered and ran off to pack.

Natsu walked over after seeing Lucy run off.

"Did you tell her about the mission?" He asked.

I nodded.

"Yeah. Just excited, I guess." I said. Natsu looked confused. I had to come up with a lie to cover up Lucy's secret.

"High reward." Two words slipped out my mouth and he nodded, understanding.

"Welp, I'm off to pack. Meet back here in 10?" He looked at me.

I nodded and walked away, trying to relieve the ache in my heart.

~Natsu's POV~
I needed to try and get something out of Y/N, but we'll be traveling by train and you know how I feel about those death traps. Y/N has motion sickness too, but it's not as severe as mine 'cause she's a water dragon slayer.

Water dragon slayers are practically made of water, so they have a very strong immune system. Meaning she doesn't get motion sick easily.