Chapter 3

He always took her on more adventures...

~Your POV~
I frowned and sighed as I saw Natsu, Lucy and Happy walk out the guild. Natsu had his travel bag on and Lucy had a job flyer in her hand. They were going on a mission again.

I groaned and slumped down. Since that day Natsu saved Lucy, he refused to let her out of his sight again. He always went on jobs with her for her rent. He didn't even bother to look for Igneel and Mizu anymore.

Gray sat down next to me and pat me on the back, knowing why I was so down. He was the only one who knew.

"This is the third time this week!" I complained loudly, causing a few people to eye me weirdly before going back to what they were doing.

Gray sighed.

"I know, but you can't blame him. Lucy got kidnapped and held hostage." Gray tried to reason with me.

"I was kidnapped by a dark guild just a few days ago!" I said.

"Maybe-" I cut Gray off.

"He didn't ask me how I was, he didn't make sure I was ok, he didn't come to rescue me, he just sat there and waited for me!" I felt like crying. We grew up together and were really close.

"Maybe it's because Lucy's weaker than you. He knows you can handle yourself." Gray said.

"Phantom Lord kidnapped me and tried to take me back to my 'father' who abused me! He. Didn't. Care!" I screamed, jumping up from my seat and slamming my hands against the table at the last word.

Everyone looked at me at my most fragile state. Tears welled up in my eyes as I silently walked towards the guild doors, slamming them shut.

I wiped my tears and ran home.

'I never thought he'd just up and leave like that. He doesn't even fight with me anymore.'

I got to my room and closed the door behind me, sliding my back down it.

I buried my face into my hands and cried.

I reached up with my right hand and clutched the spot on my chest where my heart was.

'It hurts... It hurts so bad... I want the pain to stop...'

I let out a loud wail as I kept crying.

My heart was pounding and it felt like a thousand knifes stabbed through it.

I wanted to see him again. I wanted things to go back to the way they were. I wanted him to fight with me again. Heck, I just wanted him to look at me.

"Natsu!" I let out a loud cry.

It held so much emotion, and so many different ones.

I felt pain, anger, frustration, and one more I couldn't make out.

I just wanted him to come back to me. I wanted to see the Natsu I once knew.

~Natsu's POV~
Lucy, Happy and I were walking back from the train station. We just finished a job and Lucy was jumping around with glee at the amount of money we got.

I went into the guild hall, not feeling like kicking it open this time.

I didn't see Y/N's H/C hair anywhere, so I just assumed she left. I shrugged my shoulders and walked in, grabbing a drink from Mira and plopping myself down at the bar.

"You gotta talk to her, man." I heard a voice behind me.

I turned around.

"Gray." I said simply.

"Hey." He replied.

"Talk to who?" I asked.

"You know who." He shook his head at me, as if he was disappointed in me for some reason.

"No I don't. Who is it? Who are you talking about?" I asked, generally not knowing the answer.

"Y/N." That one name was all it took for me to go into a frenzy.

"Why?! Is she ok?!" I asked frantically.

Gray 'tch'ed at me.

"As if you care." He rolled his eyes and walked off.

'What does that even mean?!' I yelled at myself in frustration.

I sighed angrily and tried to think.

'Why do I need to talk to Y/N? She's ok isn't she? She must be, she was here this morning.' I thought.

I gave up and rubbed my forehead.

"I'm getting a major headache." I groaned and left the guild, heading home.

'What does Gray know that I don't?'

~Time skip~
"Gray!" I knocked on his door loudly.

"Gray! I need to talk to you." I said.

No answer.

I groaned.

"It's about Y/N." I deadpanned, and the door flew open.

"Why? Is she alright?" He asked.

I felt a weird feeling in my stomach but shrugged it off.

"No, she's fine, I think. I just wanna know why I need to talk to her." I explained.

"Go ask her, not me. I'm just a friend tryin' to help out. I'm not obliged to say anything." He said and shut the door.

I stood at his door for a solid two minutes, thinking.

I soon gave in and headed to Y/N's house. I opened the window and was about to climb in, but I saw Y/N sleeping peacefully. I didn't want to wake her up, so I left and told myself I would come back later.

I kept walking as I kicked a pebble out my way, thinking. I wanted to know why I had to talk to Y/N. I just hope she's alright...

I sighed and headed off to my home to sleep. I was pretty tired from the job I did with Lucy.

~Your POV~
Dream
Tears were flowing down my cheeks as I stood there.

I saw Natsu standing a few feet away from me, Lucy next to him and Happy flying above them. They were all talking happily.

"Natsu... please don't leave me again..." I muttered as I stretched out my arm to him.

It felt like he was out of reach. I wanted to hug him so badly, and I didn't even know why.

Natsu turned around and glared at me.

"But why shouldn't I leave? You're weak and pathetic." He growled and left, linking his fingers with Lucy as they smiled brightly and walked away.

My eyes widened. That was my worst fear.

Natsu and Lucy going on more adventures...

...without me.
___________________________
Words: 1000

Me: Wow, that was depressing. Someone's jealous!

Y/N: *growls* I will rip your head off.

Me: *lifts both hands up* I SURRENDER! *points at Natsu* TAKE HIM INSTEAD!

Natsu: Wha- Why me?!

BYE!!!