Chapter 13

But the haunting memories followed me.

~Your POV~
"You've gotta be kidding me." I whispered softly as I glanced up at the wooden ceiling.

I was wide awake, too busy thinking about Natsu and Lucy to sleep.

I tossed and turned, trying to just close my eyes and rest, but it wasn't working all that well. All that was happening went like this: close eyes, toss around for five seconds, open eyes, repeat.

I kept thinking of the day they announced they were dating.

'Why am I still thinking about them? I need to forget. I'll go back to Fairy Tail someday but I'd like to live here for a while, at least until I'm over Natsu.'

I sighed deeply and faced away from the window, closing my eyes.

~Natsu's POV~
I was laying there, my body spread out over my hammock. Honestly, I didn't really feel like going over to Lucy's that night, I wanted to go to Y/N's. But with the fact that she was gone, I couldn't really do that.

I sighed and turned over so I was laying on my belly and looked at the snoring Happy a few feet away from me. He was drooling, obviously dreaming about fish.

But I couldn't blame him, he loved fish. Just like I loved Y/N- Lucy. Just like I loved Lucy.

I groaned in frustration from not being able to sleep and got up from my position, walking to my mess of a kitchen to get a glass of water.

I remember how Y/N always forced me to drink more water and eat less, she always thought my lifestyle was 'disgusting'. Always called me a 'pig-like-dragon'. I would always either ignore her or pick a fight.

She honestly treated me really well. She would give me some of her money just so I could eat, buy me food and drinks, even follow me to Lisanna's grave to comfort me in my times of need.

I chugged the water and smiled as the blissful feeling of my thirst being quenched was felt.

I slowly climbed back into my hammock and closed my eyes, finally able to sleep as I thought about the one person who was always there for me.

Y/N L/N.

~Time skip~
~Your POV~
I quickly stretched and looked out the window to see the sun just barely over the hill.

'Still early.'

I got up from my comfy spot on the bed and walked downstairs to the kitchen. I made myself and the old man some breakfast — after making a quick reminder to not make too much food as Natsu wasn't there this time, and left a note to inform the old man I left to buy myself a new house.

I walked down the street and to the now vacant house the old man told me about. I had just enough money to rent out the place, and I managed to get myself a part-time job at a cafe. I would also help the town when it was in need and protect it from monsters and stuff.

Before I knew it, it was sunset and I had around an hour left before the decor man would come and see me to get the house all re-furnished and re-painted.

I got myself a quick dinner and rushed back to the old man's house, to meet the decor man. The old man gave me permission to meet the man in his house. He was so kind.

When I got there, the decor man was already there, waiting for me.

"Ah, Ms L/N, you're here. Now, let's get this started." The decor man — whose name I learnt was Kiroto and I went to the new house.

"Now, what colour would you like the walls to be?" Kiroto asked, pulling out a small notebook and pen to note down my answers.

I tried to think carefully about my answer, but a word suddenly flew out of my mouth.

"Salmon-pink." I said and clamped my hand over my mouth.

'What the-'

"And the type of flooring?" Kiroto asked again.

"Spruce wooden flooring." I spit out before I could stop myself. It was like I had no physical control of my own body.

'That's the type of flooring Natsu has!'

"Type of bed?" Kiroto asked the final question.

'Alright, time to think nice and hard about this one-'

"A hammock." My brain jutted out.

'What. The heck.'

Kiroto smiled.

"That's nice, you hardly see people that wanna sleep in hammocks these days. Well, that's about it. I'll call 'ya when we get it done." Kiroto said and walked off.

I simply stood there, mouth agape, eyes wide as I tried to process the events that had taken place just moments before. I waved goodbye and turned around, dragging my feet behind me as I walked heavy steps.

"Did I really just- ugh! How am I supposed to forget about him when my body literally won't let me?!" I grunted in frustration and trudged back to the old mans house to spend the sleepless nights to come.

~Natsu's POV~
I gazed up at the night sky, a sleeping Lucy leaning on my shoulder and a sleeping Happy leaning against my arm.

We were sitting at the cliff N/N and I used to go to when Lucy and Happy fell asleep.

The stars were sparkling, and I had to admit that Luce was right, the night sky was beautiful.

I looked down to the two sleeping parts of my life and smiled, picking them up and carrying them back to Luce's place to sleep.

As I walked, I couldn't get Y/N off my mind.

'I know she left, but I can't stop worrying about her.'

I shrugged the thought off and kept walking, simply smiling and thinking nothing of it.

'Guess it's a force of habit.'

I got to Lucy's place and I slowly and carefully opened her bedroom window and placed Lucy and Happy on the bed, walking back outside to get one last glance at the night sky.

'Y/N, wherever you are, please stay safe. And promise me you'll come back to Fairy Tail some day.'

As if she heard me, the river beside Lucy's apartment started to swish and splash around, creating a soft 'melody'.

I could finally sleep in peace that night, knowing that Y/N was safe.
___________________________
Words: 1080

Me: This chapter was actually one of the most fun to write! It shows Y/N and Natsu's struggles without each other there.

Y/N: I have to admit it is pretty cute.

Natsu: *wraps his arms around Y/N's waist from behind* Yeah, adorable.

Y/N: *snuggles into Natsu's arms*

Me: *squeals* You guys are literally the cutest couple ever!

BYE!!!
___________________________
Song:
A little too not over you - David Archuleta