Chapter 26

So it's up to you...

~Your POV~
For the first time in a long time, I wake up alone in my bed.

I stretched with the sun shining in my face, making me grunt, and got off the bed. Looking into the mirror, I smiled.

'I've come so far.'

I stepped downstairs, seeing fresh breakfast being placed on the table, "Natsu?"

"Morning, babe. I made bacon and eggs, come get it!" He smiled, and I felt my heart melt.

I nodded vigorously and dashed into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and put on a clean pair of clothes.

I sat beside Natsu at the dining table, seeing Happy munch on a fish while lounging on the couch.

I dipped my bacon in the eggs, and shoved it in my mouth. I felt it sizzle against my tongue — it literally just got off the stove — and melt deliciously as I bit into it.

Sighing in satisfaction, I quickly finished my meal hungrily, completely ignoring the lonely dragon slayer beside me.

Big, big mistake.

I got pounced on when I stood up to put my cutlery in the kitchen. Luckily, the fragile things were still on the table.

"N-Natsu?!"

"I'm sad, babe. You're not showing me any love right now." The pinkette whined. I smiled, petting him softly.

"Don't be stupid. I love you, now get off me, or you'll kill me."

He jumped off, the world's biggest smile on his face, eyes shining brighter than the freaking sun.

"You love me?! You mean it?!" He yelled.

My face turned beet red and I sat up on the floor, "Yes, stupid. Now get dressed and let's go."

Oh, did I not mention he was topless the entire time?

I stood up on shaky legs as he skipped away. I grabbed the keys and Happy and prepared to head out. Natsu ran down the stairs, almost tripping once or twice.

"Let's go!"

We made our way to the guild in almost complete silence. The only thing heard was the sound of our feet against the gravel.

"So... How's the season so far?"

"Great!" Natsu smiled, "'Cause you're here with me!"

I sighed, face pink, "Natsu, no."

"Natsu, yes." He snickered, a tan  arm wrapping around my waist.

My face immediately turned a darker shade, "You're an idiot."

"Your idiot."

"That's so cheesy!"

"I don't care, I'm not wrong!"

"Heh, no, you're not."

Our walk to the guild was filled with similar small chatter. I pushed the guild doors open, Natsu and Happy trailing behind me.

"Oh, Y/N!" Mira waved me over to the bar.

I walked towards her, feeling Natsu's presence still behind me.

"How was last night?" Her gaze was teasing, completely not expecting the answer I was about to give.

"Nothing happened."

"What?! If that's the case, hows Natsu doing?"

"He's fine, actually." I looked at him, seeing him wolfing down some juice.

"When I told him I didn't really want to, his protective instincts took over. He's calm." I smiled.

Mira nodded, "That's good. We'll just have to wait 'till the end of the day."

I agreed.

~Natsu's POV~
It was difficult, holding back, but I was willing to, for her.

Her scent was everywhere, it was enrapturing. It was getting harder and harder to resist the urges the season gave me.

If I gave in, though, everyone would be injured.

I sat down at an empty table, and without my consent, my eyes drifted to my girlfriend.

I scanned her figure up and down, feeling my lust rise, and thankfully nothing else.

I growled, shaking my head. She wouldn't want that, she's not ready.

I looked up at the clock, seeing it was only around 10 a.m, I groaned.

'This is gonna be a long day.'

She stood up, heading to the bathroom, and it took everything in me to not jump up and follow her.

Happy flew over to my slumping figure, "Hey, Natsu. How's everything going?"

"Terrible. I mean, I haven't done anything too bad, so that's good. But it's getting harder and harder to resist my instincts," I groaned.

"Why don't you head home? I'm sure the rest of the guild will understand," He suggested. The idea was great, perfect even, but my inner dragon didn't think so.

"But I wanna stay around Y/N," I whined, head shaking furiously, shooting down his idea.

Happy sighed, "You're hopeless."

The love of my life stepped towards Lucy and Levy after leaving the bathroom, sitting down and striking up a conversation.

I watched the way her eyes sparkled and the way her perfect dimples formed as she grinned brighter than the sun.

I could practically hear the love laced in my sigh, my eyes forming imaginary hearts — this was a fact I decided in my head.

I snapped out of my daze quickly and shook my head. I did not want to do anything drastic, not in the guild. Especially not when everyone thought I was okay; not when she thought I was okay.

Sighing, I stood up and headed to the request board, deciding that maybe a job would help me clear my head.

Then I felt a presence behind me, one I immediately recognised, only a little too late.

"Natsu, you're picking a job? Can I see?" Of all the people in the guild, of all the girls, it had to be her.

My girlfriend was standing behind me, looking over my shoulder with curious eyes and an adorable face.

'Bad idea, abort mission, abort, abort-!'

"Uh, yeah." I handed her the flyer.

'Why am I like this?'

"Save our village, blah blah blah, take down a group of ninjas, blah blah... for 50,000 J!" She cheered, smiling like it was the only thing she could do.

Not that I'm complaining.

"Let's take this one then, since it doesn't seem too hard. Do you want the whole of Team Natsu to go, or just us and Happy?" She asked.

I gulped and looked away, trying not to let my dragon instincts answer, but it was too late as I heard myself speak, "Just us and Happy. I kinda wanted a little... 'bonding time'."

She nodded, calling for Happy, "Let's head home and pack then!"

I normally wouldn't have noticed it before, because I usually don't pay attention to minor details like this.

But the fact that she referred to her house as 'home', our home, made me really happy.