Chapter 41

quick shout out to all the radical fans who wished me happy birthday, thank you so much ^~^ And to prince-kitsune and preheal for coming over on my fabulous day of birth and making it the best thing ever ilygsm

I made a new cover ayyy

and anyway, this'll be shorter than last chapter and in Vic's POV so enjoy?

//half edited bc I'm lazy, forgive me for my mistakes//

&&&&&

Previously on Fast Times...

I ran faster than Usain Bolt to the closed door, trying and failing to open it. Luckily, when you grow up where I did, you tend to learn a few things, shady or not. Quickly unlocking the door, I twisted the handle and flung the fucker open, eyes landing on something I can't ever forget. I gasped, at a loss for words.

[Still VPOV]

   "Ohmygod, Alex!" I gasped inaudibly, eyes wide as saucers. Alex, my sweet, sweet Alex, was curled up in a ball on the ground, unconscious. There were tiny colored pills everywhere, scattered around her body and covering the tiled bathroom floor. "Jesus Christ!" I got down to my knees and pulled her body to me, easily picking her up. She was nothing but skin and bones, pale skin and a mass of wavy dark hair.

From behind me, I heard Mark (I'd almost forgotten Alex's father was here oops) let out a strangled cry. Lifting my head, I watched the tears pool in his eyes before they dribbled down his tired face, and the look of complete heartbreak in his eyes was awful. It was almost like his heart had mixed with the salty liquid and was now slowly draining from his body through his eyes. "What the hell happened??" He implored, his body frozen in shock.

   "I..I don't know." I replied, before turning back to the broken girl in my arms. "'Lex, why?" I whimpered quietly, staring at her tear-stained face. God, she looked fucking dead. Her dark eyeliner had smeared all around her eyes, making her eye sockets look sunken in, which contrasted greatly with how oddly pale her skin was. In short, her face looked skeletal, hence dead.

   "Why didn't you tell me it had gotten bad again, Alexis, why?" I sighed, closing my eyes. "Please, babe, wake up,"

Had she taken any of the pills? Would she ever wake up? Please, for the love of God, say she didn't. She can't do that to me, or to her dad, or to her friends, what the fuck was she thinking?

Suddenly, I felt her body shift in my arms and my eyes snapped open. Her dark eyelids fluttered and her breathing had picked up to the point where you could tell she wasn't sleeping anymore. I let out a huge sigh of relief, silently thanking whichever deities existed.

   "No..." Alex moaned hoarsely as her dark green eyes opened. "I don't want to wake up, why can't I just sleep forever?!" Her eyes quickly refilled with tears, the pain and hurt clouding over.

   "Because you can't, okay? You just can't. I need you, 'Lex, I need you so much. We all need you, loads, goddammit, and I.. I don't think you understand." I spoke, my vision blurring for a moment before big fat alligator tears slid down my cheeks. She made a difference in all of our lives, she brought us together, and without Alexis the world just wouldn't be the same.

She sighed, a hand coming up to caress my cheek. "Please don't cry, Vic, I don't like to see you cry," she murmured, wiping tears from my face.

   "You think I like to see you cry?" I retorted, voice thick. Fuck, I sounded like a prepubescent drama queen, dammit.