Chapter 26

&&&&&

   "Hey, 'Lex," Dad called out before I could follow the boys into the large shopping center. I turned my head, raising my eyebrows curiously.

   "Hmmm?" I hummed in response, giving Dad my full attention.

   "Here, go buy some souvenirs or something, alright?" He smiled, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a bill, which he promptly passed to me. "Have fun," I took the money, looking at the crisp parchment. '50' read the numbers in the corner and I involuntarily made a face.

   "Dad, you don't have to-" I protested, trying to hand it back. I can't-- this is $50! WhAt? Why?

   "Nope, you're spending that money-- preferably on Christmas gifts-- and that's final." he insisted, gently swatting my hands away. "Now, go on. Go have fun or whatever it is you kids do these days," Dad grinned, nodding his head towards the others, who were waiting for me at the doors of the mall.

   "Well- I suppose. Thanks, pops," I offered with an uncertain smile before jogging over to the guys.

   "Hurry up, you dick!" Mike yelled impatiently, causing his mum to yell something at him in Spanish.

   "Stick together, all of you!" Mama Fuentes addressed us all this time, now speaking in English.

   "We will!" we all chorused before entering the building.

The mall branched out in 3 wings, a huge store at the end of each section. The part we'd entered was the food court, which smelled of greasy, calorie-packed fast-food. I grimaced at the thought.

   "Food!" Jaime squealed in delight before racing off to the nearest mini-restaurant-type-thing, which happened to be a Taco Bell.

I cast a confused glance after Jaime before looking to Mike. "Should we follow him-?" I questioned, but he just shook his head.

   "Nah," Mike replied, and I just shrugged my shoulders as we continued.

There were so many different stores, woah. I didn't know it was possible to fit a Barnes & Noble into a mall..?

   "Holy fucking shit, is that the new Call Of Duty??" Tony exclaimed loudly, a look of wonder on his face as we passed a gamestore.

   "It IS!" Mike confirmed and, without further ado, raced to the GameStop on our left, Tony hot on his heels. I noticed Vic grimace at the mention of 'Call of Duty'. He was never one for the video games, strange chap.-.

   "So much for sticking together," I mumbled, adjusting my beanie. This lil shit was falling off of my head, u g h.

   "Yeah, well.. rules were meANT to be broken," Vic smirked. I just rolled my eyes at the comment.

   "C'mon, you little rebel, I've got 50 Big American Buffalo to spend," I giggled, whipping the money out of my pocket. "Let's go find a Hot Topic outlet or something!"

Vic just laughed. "Sounds like a plan. After you, m'lady," he gestured forward with his hands, using a posh accent.

   "Brilliant. This way, young Peasant," I mimicked his accent, marching off in a random direction.

   "Fuckin' royalty these days, I swear," Vic stage-whispered, following me all the same.

*30 minutes later oooh*

  I had like $5 left as we exited Hot Topic, arms laden with bags. I'd secretly boughten Vic a Metallica tee that he'd been eying up, along with a Walk The Moon album. I'd gotten myself some other CDs to add to my collection. $45 well spent, in my opinion c: