Chapter Seven

Matt looked at me confused “one of the richest men in Australia, as in the big shot Lawyer who has the law firm in the city?”

I nodded.

“you're his daughter?”

I nodded again.

“Evan James is your dad?”

I nodded once again.

“your brother is Nate James?”

“yes” I finally spoke

“well fuck me I didn't expect that” he fell back into the white fluffy quilt running his hands over his face “what else do you have to say that is meant to make me run for the door?” he pulled his hands back blowing out a breath.

“I'm not on the pill”

well that definitely got his attention “fuck I never used a condom either, shit we've screwed a lot of times as well and each time I blew inside you like a lot of times, multiple” ok that was half expected

I looked over at him knowing my eyes was about to start watering “Matt I'm not on the pill or anything because I can't..” I sniffed back a sob “It's impossible for me to ever get pregnant”

he sat up taking my hand “do you want to have a baby?”

I wiped my eyes “more than anything, I would love a house filled with kids but it wont happen ”

“yes it will, we can adopt, you don't need to be pregnant and I'm not going to leave just because of that, I mean what type of man would I be if I left over something like that, your the one I'm going to spend the rest of my life with and if we have kids then great and if we don't have any then I'm fine with that as well”

I looked up at him through my teary eyes, he was looking at me with complete honesty, he didn't care that I couldn't get pregnant. He was definitely the one.

“I want to tell you about my mum, just so you know some thing's about me because I'm still struggling with her death” I spoke quietly, he nodded sitting up against the bed head.

“on my 16th birthday I came home from Bree's place, I had spent Thursday night with her since dad and Nate was out of town, Friday morning when I came home everything changed, the front door was closed, everything looked so normal. That was until I walked into the living room, she was in her nightgown, blood covered the floors, she has stab wounds, there was 142 of them all up. I couldn't call anyone since it was raining heavily, it was one of the biggest storms we had and the phones were down, I tried calling the emergency numbers but since there was flooding and we lived out of town all the roads were blocked. I spent two full days locked inside my closet unable to sleep knowing my mothers rotting body was downstairs, I covered her up but the smell I will never forget it, when the storm cleared they finally came to the house but I wouldn't move, I was frozen, the only person who got me out of that house was Nate. Dad finally arrived and he was a mess, he didn't let me out of his sight, I had security people follow me if I left the house, I can't sleep in a house alone especially if it's raining, I hate the rain, my brother trained me with his best friend Ben, they trained me in self defence, I don't like people touching me or sneaking up on me, I only moved because Bree kept begging me to move out for school and that's why dad brought the house for me, he did checks on everyone who lived here so he knew who I would be around”

Matt's arm went around mine “Nate was here today and told me that the guy who murdered mum has been watching me” I felt his arm tighten more “when they busted his hideout they found photo's of me, one's when I was younger and some more recent”

“he wont touch you” he spoke kissing my head “I won't let anyone hurt you”

“it's going to take a lot more than that to scare me off Sadie, so I guess you're stuck with me” he gave a smile as I looked up to him. I moved forward pressing my lips to his “your amazing”.