Chapter Twenty Nine

I opened them again to see his hands coming down and then I heard a loud bang, John screamed out in pain and the knife dropped from his hands falling beside me, I froze because only one person could make a shot like that.

“your going to die!” Nate's booming voice yelled grabbing John off me and throwing him to the floor, punching him in the face over and over, while John just gave a small evil laugh and tried to fight back.

I felt the table being lifted off my hands and seen Matt bending down and lifting me up, I closed my eyes as he carried me, then laying me down, I opened them and looked at Matt who was looking at my stomach running his hand over my cut.

“Sadie are you ok? I mean did.. did he?” I knew what he was asking from the sadness in his eyes, I couldn't speak I just sat up and wrapped my arms around him and cried, I couldn't hold back the sobs, Matt pulled me back and wiped the tears from my cheeks.

“did he force himself on you?” he barely whispered.

“No, he..he kissed me and was about to until you came in” I cried again “I need to shower I need to get him off me, the things he said about you and my mum, I need to get that out of my head, don’t leave me, I cant be without you” I sniffed pulling him back to me

“I'm not going anywhere.”

We stood up walking into our ensuite when we heard gun shots. Eight of them to be exact, I flinched with every single one of them.

“Nate” I whispered crying.

“babe Nate's ok trust me” he wrapped his arm around me and kissed the top of my head.

I turned our shower on and waited for the water to warm up while Matt lent against the bathroom sink. I walked in under the water after I stripped off and let out a cry when the water ran into my cut.

“are you ok?” He asked softly

“just where he cut me it stings”

I stayed in there for probably half hour just sitting on the ground silently crying with my legs tucked underneath my chin my arms wrapping around them. Matt walked in and crouched in front of me getting soaked and bringing me into him. I held onto him tight scrunching his shirt up into fists.

“come on babe lets get you dried and dressed” he stood up and I took his hand standing up while he wrapped a towel around me drying me. I followed him into our walk in robe and he pulled out some clothes for me but I shook my head and walked over to his side and took some track pants and his red jumper, he gave a smile while he stripped off and changed into dry clothes and I put my underwear on and a singlet top then his clothes over mine.

“Sadie. We don’t have to get married tomorrow we can cancel it” he said bringing me into his chest

“no, I want to marry you tomorrow, or do you not want to?” I pulled back panicking that he didn’t want to marry someone like me any more

“of course I just want you to be ok with it” he assured me

“please stay here tonight with me” I begged, I couldnt bare to be away from him

“I was going to anyway, when you called Nate and I was on our way here, we had a weird feeling and decided to come back, thank fuck we got here when we did” his eyes filled with water, I don’t think I've ever seen him cry before “Sadie I cant bare to loose you, I almost died when I seen him on you like that, how are you hands?”

I held my hands up “not as sore as they were, nothing broken”

“thats good, do you feel up to going down stairs?” he asked, I nodded and he put his arm around my waist holding me tightly.

We walked downstairs and passed the living room where I was attacked and there was no traces of evidence left, the rug and table was gone. I walked into the kitchen where Nate, Ben, dad, Bree and Jack stood. Nate ran over to me first pulling me into a tight hug “Sadie oh god I love you so much” he cried and took me into the dining room.

“show me your stomach”

I lifted the jumper and singlet up and he looked at it, it wasn't as bad any more the bleeding had stopped and luckily It wasn't deep.

My dad walked in and wrapped his arms around me “I'm so sorry I wasn't here for you, I cant believe he came after you, I'll never forgive myself for this almost happening” he was crying into my shoulder.

“dad its not your fault please don’t blame yourself, I'm just thankful Nate and Matt showed up when they did otherwise I would have been stabbed, I was so scared, he kept saying things that mum had said just before he killed her, and what her last words were” I cried holding him harder

I pulled back and he gave me a kiss on the cheek “what's going to happen now? Why did I hear gun shots, did someone get hurt?” I wiped my eyes looking between dad and Nate who had a tiny smile on his lips.

“your brother went all SWAT on his ass” Ben laughed walking in and wrapping his arms around me

“what do you mean went all SWAT on his ass?” I frowned pulling away and going over to Matt, he was the only one I needed, I felt completely safe when he touched me.

“after I beat the shit out of him, Ben and I dragged him down the beach and I shot him, I put a bullet through his skull like I promised I fucking would, one in his cock and the rest in his chest”

I gasped “you what!” I was shocked “he's dead?”

“Yes he is fucking in a body bag for good, he's out of our lives forever Sadie” Nate slammed his fist on the table looking mad.

“will you get into trouble for shooting him?” Bree asked the one question on everyone’s mind

“no idea, luckily I've got the best lawyer in town” Nate smirked looking at dad who shook his head

“Nate, you wont get in trouble, I've already spoken with the FBI chief and he can bury this, and said he deserved what he got”

“well we've got a wedding to set up in the morning, I'm under the impression its still happening?” dad asked looking at me, I smiled and nodded.

Everyone left about ten minutes later, I wanted to go to bed, Matt made me some toast for tea but I wasn't really hungry I just wanted to go to bed and forget about today.

I walked into our room with Matt behind me closely, I looked in the mirror, the redness of my cheek had gone down a bit, I stripped off and snuggled up to Matt.

“kiss me” I asked looking into his eyes, I just needed him to make me feel better I needed his mouth on mine to wash the bad memories away and replace them with good ones. He lent forward pressing his soft lips to mine and slowly kissed me “I need you Matthew, make love to me please” I cried, and that's what he did, he was gentle and caring, I cried the whole time but not because of what happened earlier, but because of how much I loved the man I was marrying and I couldn't bare to be without him.

“I love you so much Matt, thank you for being here with me, your so amazing and I couldn't be without you” I kissed his chest lightly and fell asleep.

“I love you Sadie Anna James I will always love you” Was the last thing I heard before I fell asleep cuddled up to the one man who has saved me.