Apples and Arrows

You sat on a bench with an apple on your head. Most people would find it strange for a girl a bit small for her age with Sparkly purple hair and light brown skin to be sitting on a bench wearing a green costume and a dark purple mask with an apple on her head, but you didn't care.

An arrow whizzed overhead and hit the apple with a 'thunk'. You grabbed the apple and pulled the arrow out as a young boy with short red hair, a mask, and a robotic arm ran up to you panting, "How was that?"

You inspected the large hole in the fruit, "Congratulations, you just killed an innocent apple. Again."

The boy narrowed his eyes, "You know what I-"

You laughed and pulled your long hair into a ponytail, "Your aim was great and so was your timing, but you're kind of sloppy..."

"How?"

"You got apple juice on your face."

He quickly wiped it off, "Very funny."

"I do my best."

He sat down beside you, "At everything."

You smiled and used the arrow to carve something into the apple, "Unlike you."

The boy smiled and yawned, bringing him arm down on your shoulder. You rolled your eyes and phased through the bench, "Nice one, Arsenal, but you know that doesn't work."

Arsenal rested his chin on the bench and looked at you, "Then what will?"

You tossed him the apple, "I guess you'll never know."

Arsenal looked down at the apple and saw a tiny heart carved into the apple, he smiled, "You know anytime you want to meet I'll be happy to-" He looked up, you were gone, "Aww man." He banged his head down on the bench, "So close."

You laughed at Arsenal from behind the park building, he was hopeless. You quickly shape shifted into an a bit small for her age girl with black hair, light brown skin a hoodie, and a knee length purple skirt. You walked out from behind the building and looked at Arsenal. You smiled slyly, "Hi there, I've seen you on the news; you look a bit down."

Arsenal looked at you, "No, I'm fine."

You sat down, "Oh yeah? Who was that girl?"

Arsenal looked off into the sky, "She was Fuchsia, the girl of my dreams."

You stifled a laugh, "Wow, is that how you felt about her?"

He shrugged, "She's amazing, at everything. She's beautiful. And she is extremely brave."

You looked at your watch and yawned, "Well, bye and good luck." You jogged off and prepared for night patrol.

You sat on the rooftop and smiled as you heard someone land behind you. You laughed, "Are you hear for target practice?"

Arsenal tossed an apple onto your lap, "Depends on the target."

You traced your finger over the heart, "Nice hit line. Did you make it up yourself?"

"Fuchsia, I want-"

You stood up and put a finger to his lips, "I know."

He narrowed his eyes, "So that's it. You already know what I want." He grabbed your hands, "What do you want?"

You broke away, and jumped off the rooftop, leaping from roof to roof until you reached your favorite spot. Arsenal landed behind you.

You shook your head, "You don't know a lot about girls do you?"

He stood beside you, "Well, spending eight years in a glass tube doesn't help much."

"Well it got you an amazing metal arm."

Arsenal intertwined his fingers with yours, "It doesn't feel amazing."

You squeezed his hand, "To me it does."

He smiled and looked at the moon.

You looked down, "You wanted to know what I want."

Arsenal looked down at you, "Please."

You met his eyes, "I want love. I want you."

He wrapped his arms around you slowly, "Took you long enough."

"I wanted to see if you really cared."

He pulled you closer and smiled that adorable smile he always had, "Well now that you know..."

You dropped the apple in surprise as he crashed his lips against yours and kept them right there, taking your breath away. You had expected a kiss, but not so suddenly.

You closed your eyes and gently hugged him. When Arsenal stopped he was smiling from ear to ear, "I have been waiting so long to do that."

You smiled, "You mean since you did it the first time?"

"And you punched me in the face?"

"Yeah." You laughed, "Consider this an apology." You kissed him again.

Arsenal opened his eyes and breathed, "Wow, I-" he stopped and looked around, "I have really got to get you a bell."

The End