Second Chances Part 2

You sat in a chair in a dark room on New Year's Eve. "Well this all seems-unnecessary, to say the least." You blinked as the light turned on and a boy stepped into the room, "Not if I want to keep my secrets safe." You smiled, "Bird boy, it's been a while hasn't it?"

Robin looked at you and sat down, "I need your help." You leaned forward, "What about the bat?" Robin looked you in the eye, "That's what I need your help with, Batman- vanished. And I need your help to find him. But if you choose not to help, you cannot tell anybody what I just told you." You smiled slyly, "Relax Birdie, I'll help you, if..."

He sighed, "If...?" You leaned forward more until you were almost touching his face, "If you tell me. Why did you let me go free?" For the first time, Robin looked uneasy, "Because-" he tried to regain his dignity. "Because?" you leaned forward more until you were touching his forehead, "Why did you do It, Boy Wonder?" you whispered.

Robin looked at you funny, but he quickly put back on a serious face, "Because I of all people should know that everyone deserves a second chance." You smiled and sank back into your seat, "Is that all?" Robin narrowed his eyes and turned to face the wall, "Maybe."

You laughed, "Oh well, I would have helped you anyway Songbird. I just felt like asking a hard question. It's adorable when you get flustered." He shot you a look, "I was not flustered." He opened the door on the other side of the room and walked out.

You stood up and followed him, "Sure." The other room was full of computer screens and cool guns and mechanisms, "Cool." You reached out to grab one, but Robin grabbed your hand, "Don't touch anything." You looked at his hand, "You know, you don't have to make up an excuse to hold my hand."

Robin pulled his hand away and turned to the computer, typing in some commands, "Batman and I were fighting some Assemblers who were still left over from last time. Batman left me to deal with them while he looked at some of their stuff, but he never came back. So now I'm alone-and that's why I need your help."

You walked up to him, "You are never alone." He smiled at you, "thank you" You put your hand on his, "Robin, not to get all weird, but this is the least I can do. You helped me to change my life around, turned me into a better person. You showed me that there are people out there who need my help. People who-care about me." You put your chin on his head, "If there's anything you want to talk about... you just let me know, okay, Rob?" He shifted uncomfortably, "I'm fine, I just-I really want this mission to succeed."

You put your arm around him and looked at him, "I will try to help in any way I can, I just-I need to know if you- if you need anything just let me know, okay? I'm here for you"

Robin shrugged his shoulder, "I just really need to focus on this." You smiled, "I get it." You planted a kiss on his cheek and walked off. Robin froze and rubbed his cheek, it felt so weird when you were near him. The way you gave him nicknames, and the way you always seemed to know how he felt. He looked at you and felt something warm creep up his neck. He quickly looked back at the screen.

You looked at the screen and spotted something, "Wait! Robin. Go back!" Robin re-winded the video. You stared at the people Robin was fighting, "Those aren't Assemblers." Robin looked at you, "how do you-"

"The uniforms are very convincing-but their masks are red-not brown. Big mistake on their part." You looked closer, "Where was this?" Robin typed something in, "We were fighting near the harbor, by the old fish-" You groaned, "The fish factory. I hate that place. I blew it up once." Robin stared at you, "You what?" You sighed, "It was only after it closed, and I had a reason. That place smelled." Robin groaned. "Anyway, can I see the computer for a sec?" Robin gave you a look, but he scooted over, "Be my guest." You smiled and typed something in, "That place is giving off waves of some sort of energy, hang on," you leaned forward to see something, "Wow, That stuff, these people-they're aliens-or robots-or alien robots!"