Chapter 20

I feel the familiar rush of air go through my body. I still haven't gotten used the feeling yet, even after all these years. I look at my surroundings - which isn't much. I find myself in a toilet, hearing whimpering and evil laughter. I push in each stall, looking for the source. One by one, I push the stall open looking for Louis. I stop at the 5th stall I've pushed in. I hear the laughter growl demonically.

I race for the end stall. I push hard, trying to pry it open. I punch it in, and walk in with anger boiling in my veins. Louis is pushed up against the corner with numerous amount of scratches on his arms and face. The black figure stands in front of him, laughing. I let out an unintended growl. The figure spins around with a toothy grin. I see the face. It's eyes are the same blood color red, but it's face is dark, almost black. It's teeth are gray, and many are missing. I glare feeling myself grow warm.

"Get away from him," I spat at the figure. It smirks and starts to circle around me. It makes a beeline to Louis. I see Louis shiver and tremble. His eyes are close, and it's in a curled up ball. The same long dreadful nails shoot out of the figures fingers. It strokes Louis' face, getting close to cut him.

What seems like hours, I make my move. I bolt forwards so he wouldn't hurt Louis anymore. I touch the figure and it lets out a screech of pain like it did before. I push myself into the creature and disappears into nothing. I groan at my pain. I shouldn't have pushed myself into that creature, but it needed to be gone. I hear Louis whimper in pain again.

"Louis? Are you okay?" I coo at him crouching down to his level. I touch his arm but he winces in pain. I frown, and touch it again. I remember taking the pain away for Liam, I know I can do the same for Louis.

"It hurts Katie. What was that damn thing!" Louis moans looking up at me with pain filled eyes. I sigh not knowing what to answer. I feel in my pocket for the letter I got.

"It might be explained in the letter, but right now, I need to get those scratches and bruises off of you. You're on in 15 minutes," I finally say. I set the letter down and sit down next to Louis.

I grab his right arm gently, even though it's hurting me to move. I take in a deep breath and look at his arm. He has the 3 demonic scratches. It's a horrible sight to see. I place my hand over as many scratches as I can and start to heal him. It drains me of my energy to heal the boys, but I don't want they hurting. Now that they're older, it hurts even more to heal them. I watch as Louis' body starts to glow gold. I let go and let the healing take over.

A few minutes later, Louis is back to his hyper self, though he's very nervous. We both hear his number get called. I smile at him and push him to go on. I follow him to the stage. His brown hair is covers half his eyes; his usual high confidence is now at it's all time low. I let out a breath, and pull open the envelope.

I hear Louis start to sing. I love his voice; it's high, but very angelic. I smile listening to him sing. I let out another breath, and read the letter.

Katie,

Once Louis' audition is over, you must come to the judges high court. It's very big, and it's awful important. More will be explained once you come. This isn't the last of the figure you'll be seeing. Be prepared.

I clench the paper in my hand. It isn't the last. I hold in my groan as Louis celebrates the yes's he got. We run off stage and hug each other.

"You did great Lou," I smile.

"THANKS!" he screams like his old self. We start to walk out when I start to feel myself to be pulled away. In a matter of seconds, I'm in a courtroom with David, Matt, Nichole, and Stefan

They have a worried complexion upon their faces, only making me earn a worried look. We stand on a stage amongst high court justices. I tremble under my feet, waiting for them to say something. They sit in golden chairs with gold clothing. Most of them look very young, but only one or two look old.

"David Ross, Matt Sullivan, Nichole Brown, Stefan Reeves, and Katie Cowell. We have been watching carefully over this department, and we've seen who are going to the be most likely victims. Olly Murs, Selena Gomez, Ed Sheeran, the boys of Big Time Rush, and the boys of One Direction are the ones most likely in danger for this infestation," one judge starts.

"As you all have learned, every 100 years the shadow of the dark forces come to infest a department of our angels. They come to turn the children against their guardian angels and become evil people. As you now know, it's the music department that is next. We know that some of you have already seen the shadows or also called "demons" but we need to keep fighting. They give up after 3 years, but not without a fight," one judge starts.

A jury appears and another person comes out of the corner. This man is the high lawyer, but I don't know what he would be doing here for.

"Your honor! We can't put our angels in risk! Let the children turn evil!" the man yells at the judge.

The judge looks offended by his statement. Before anyone can speak, Matt decides to do the speaking for them.

"No! Don't you dare consider that idea! That's absolutely ludicrous! We are guardian angels and we protect our children. So sit your butt down and let the judges speak!" Matt protests.

Everyone falls silent, but the lawyer sit down in a chair grumbling to himself. Matt does have a point in this matter. We were brought here to protect with all of our afterlives, even if it means vanishing in the process.

"As I was saying before I was so unexpectedly and rudely interrupted," the judge remarks full of venom, "You will all have a time watch that will display what your children are doing right in the moment. It will be shown from any angles you would like. We will be starting training soon to defeat this infestation."

A guard hands us all silver watches. I open mine gently, not wanting to scratch the new silver piece. I hear a click in the watch, all these compartments spill out. Six even circled mirrors staring back at me. They start to move, and in each I see the boys. Niall is still in the hotel room waiting for me. All the other boys are in their cars either sleeping, texting, or sing off-key. One mirror shows a sight that I never thought they would let me see.

"You are dismissed, but Ms. Cowell, please linger around for a few moments," a different judge says. I nod and wait for everyone else to leave the room.

I start to close the time watch, lingering onto the sight of what I'm surprised by. The sections come together pressing into it's container. I hang the watch around my neck and look at the judges. Oddly enough, I feel like I'm auditioning to be in the X Factor, but only different.

"Katie I'm sure you're wondering why you have a sixth one and why it's watching over someone you love dearly," the first judge that had spoken before starts fumbling the words around in his mouth, "We believe the shadows might take your father. Your father is...cruel and all, but still a very good person. You are now allowed to visit him, but in secret. He can't see you, or we will revoke your access to him. Understand?"

"Yes sir." I reply taking all the facts in. He dismissed me to my room, to think of my plans.

I open the watch once more. I look at all the boys now sleeping. Niall has a sad face on him, but I'll be there when he wakes up. I stare at the middle mirror. My dad sits in his chair looking at old pictures of him and I. I hear him whisper words that I can't comprehend, but I know they're wise words. Forever, must I protect the boys.

----

[A/N] :D???? WHAT Y'ALL THINK! it's a long chaptah too :) But ooohh shiz is gonna go down now y'all! Sorry for the late update! I've been trying to add detail and make things longer for you guys! Love you all :) Comment what y'all think is gonna happen in the next coming chapters. IT WILL NOT BE THE END FOR A WHILE GUYS!