Chapter 8

[A/N] Alright so, I'm going to be skipping around with the years and ages of the boys alright? Okay.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Year: 2002

Zayn age: 9

I've been training with Chase all year. This guardian angel stuff gets hard! Especially when you're one that can show themselves to humans. Chase has talked to me about some of the assignments. When the boys are in year 7, I'm going to school with them. I'll have to act human again. This is NOT going to be easy. I've been dead for 9 years and I'm used to the time going fast now. When I'm in human form, everything I experience is how humans are. The time, getting hungry, sleeping. I haven't done that stuff in 9 years!

All the assignments so far have been easy. I'm actually a fast learner at this. I start to think about how it's going to be like going to school with the boys. Will they ignore me? Or will they be my friend? So many questions and very little answers. A mirror. Zayn is calling me? It's almost mid-night for him. Music Notes. He sounds confused...what's gong on? Jackets. What could a 9 year old be so confused about?

"Chase? Zayn is calling me. He's almost to the last charm," I say.

"Okay that's fine. We'll continue this when you get back," he smiles.

I thank him as I hear the last symbol get whispered. 1D symbol. The same rush goes through me. That will never get old. It's exciting for it go through me. I get transported to a different place. It seems almost like a hotel. I spin around to find Zayn sitting in the corner with a thinking face on.

"Zayn? What's wrong?" I ask.

I walk over to him and sit down.

"Katie? Am I a bad person?" he asks looking away from the wall.

"Of course not! Why would you think that!?" I say.

He leans his head against my shoulder. Zayn is always the ladies man. He lets out a sigh.

"People were saying I'm a bad person because of my religion and race," he mumbles.

Oh that's right! Last year the attacks in America. He's a Muslim. Some people are way too quick to judge. Zayn couldn't hurt a fly! I put my arm around him and rub his shoulder.

"Don't worry about it Zayn. You didn't do anything wrong. Never let them tell you otherwise. You are a great person and don't deserve to be treated like that," I say.

"Okay," he yawns.

It's almost 1 am. Where in the hell are his parents!? I pick him up and put him into one of the beds. I kiss his forehead and start to walk away. I feel his arm grab my wrist.

"Can you stay with me? My mum and dad are with my sisters in the other room," he says with drooping eyes.

"I guess, but I don't sleep Zayn," I say.

He smiles and shrugs while still holding onto my wrist. I give in and lay down next him. He turns so his head is on my arm. He faces me and wraps his arm around my stomach. He's so cute when he's trying to be a flirt. I would expect this from Harry but not Zayn. I guess you learn something new everyday. I look up at the ceiling. I could turn into my human state and fall asleep but that's too sketchy. Chase told me not to use it until he knew I was ready.

I check the clock frequently. The time is going fast but not fast enough. I play with Zayn's straight hair. A few thoughts came into my mind. When I start school again with Zayn, will he be happy? I'm just glad I stay my 13 year old age when I'm in my human state. I guess once you die at a certain age, you stay that age for the rest of your eternal life.

Zayn starts to stir in sleep. His eyes flutter open to his chocolate brown eyes. He looks at me and smiles. He then realizes that his arm is around my stomach and snatches it off. He looks down and blushes.

"You stayed with me the whole night?" he asks.

"Yup!" I smile.

"Thank you." he says.

"You're welcome. I better get going. I'll see you as soon as I can," I say.

We hug each other and say our "I love you's". I start to go back at the gates. Everything is starting to go right. Not that it wasn't going right before. I go back to Chase's dorm. Stefan, Nichole, Matt, and David are all out with their kids. I haven't hung out with them in a while.

"Katie! Glad you're here! We just need to do some more things, and then you'll be ready for your school. For the 4 younger boys, you will be at their schools for 2 months then move on. You will do the same with Louis since you don't have any favorites," Chase says.

"Okay," I smile.

I don't want to go to school...but at least I'll be with my boys.