Chapter 1

[A/N] so this is my new story! Hope y'all like it! So basically this is gonna be the journey of the boys Guardian Angel watching after them up to the leading events to where they meet. And uh yeah the chapters will be a little short since it's kinda hard to make long chapters with this plot. Please comment on what you think!

____________________________________________________________________________

I finally get my assignment I've been waiting for almost 5 years for. It's been nothing but training for it. I grab the gold envelope with my name on it. I sit down and open it slowly. A single white letter is in the envelope. I take in a deep breath and open it slowly. In gold letters the words are spilled on the page.

Katie Cowell,

We have decided that you will take care of 5 young boys. These young boys will grow up to meet each other in the future, but that's later. For now, take care of them. Along with this envelope, you will find 5 gold bracelets with names engraved into them. The charms will be symbols that will be valuable in their lives when they're older. Whenever they want to see you, you tell them to say each of the symbols and you will be there. Now onto the boys you will be taking care off.

Niall James Horan, born 13th of September, Age 5, Mullingar, Ireland

Zain Javadd "Zayn" Malik, born 12th of January, Age 6, Bradford, England

Liam James Payne, born 29th of August, Age 5, Wolverhampton, England

Harry Edward Styles, born 1st of February Age 5, Holmes Chapel, England

Louis William Tomlinson, born 24th of December, Age 7, Doncaster, England

Take care of them. If they ever need your help, be there for them.

I finish the letter and look at the bracelets. They're shiny gold and each have different charms to it. The boys names are on the back of them. Looks like I got some work to do. I roll up my sleeves and look who's first on my list. Niall Horan. He's only five years old. This should be interesting.

I walk down the gates and wave goodbye to my friends I've made over the past 5 years. It seemed to be shorter though. I smile and transport myself to Mullingar, Ireland. Once I get there, I drop to his house. It looks like a cozy home. A sudden loud yell comes through the home. Spoke too soon I guess.

I look around for Niall's room. When I find it, I see Niall on his bed with his hands over his ears. Probably to block out the yelling. I walk straight into his room and sit down on the bed. I wipe his tears and have him look at me. His eyes are red from crying. I give him a comforting hug and smile.

"Who are you?" his small voice asks.

"I'm one of your guardian angels. My name is Katie. I was sent here to protect you from any harm," I smile.

"Can mummy and daddy and Greggy see you too?" he asks with wide eyes.

I give him a slight chuckle. This boy is adorable!

"No they can't see me. The only other people who can see me is four other boys. Just like you," I smile once more.

"Who are they?" he asks with his blue eyes full of wonder.

"You'll see in time sweetie. Now, why don't we have some fun," I suggest

He nods eagerly and shows me all his toys. He hands me a few and we play whatever his little heart desires. I can already tell he's going to be a great boy when he grows up. We play for a while until his door barges open. I see a frighten older boy come into the room and closes the door. He looks like Niall. He's breathing is hard; tears are streaming down his face. Niall immediately jumps up and runs towards him. They hug and calm each other down. Such a great brother moment. Niall's brother calms down and walks out of the room. The yelling stopped a few minutes ago. I sure hope Niall's parents didn't killed each other.

Niall sighs and looks at me. He tugs me along to his bed where we can sit. I tuck him into bed so we can talk while he's comfortable.

"So Niall, what do you wanna be when you grow up?" I ask.

He thought for a bit.

"A singer," he says.

"I'm sure you'll achieve that," I wink.

"I hope so, but I'm so small," he pouts.

"Awwh, Nialler, it's alright. You'll achieve great things if you set your mind to it," I say to him.

He shrugs it out and looks at me. I check the time. Almost midnight. I still have to go to 4 other boys within 3 days. I pull out the charm bracelet for Niall. His eyes brighten up to it.

"Now Niall, you have to promise me you'll keep it no matter what okay?" I say.

"Okay," he smiles.

"Okay, now, if you ever get lonely, just say each of these things one by one," I say.

He nods. I put the bracelet around his wrist and kiss his forehead. We look down at his bracelet.

"A four leaf clover, a guitar with a pick, and a 1D symbol. You got that right?" I say.

"Yes Katie." he says

"Alright Niall. Now be good. I still have 4 other boys to visit. Love you Niall," I whisper as I tuck him into bed.

"Love you too!" his voice rings.

I smile and go through the window. I start to fly up to the gates. Almost midnight and I'm done with Niall. I don't think that was such a bad job today. Maybe tomorrow I can fit in two kids this time. I look back at my list. I have Zayn, Liam, Harry and Louis left. I think Louis will be the hardest to convince since he's 7.

I put the bracelets in my pocket where I know it's secure. I walk over to my brother's house. Human brother's house. I see him all the time, and he's still grieving. Simon and I had a lot of fun together. His parents adopted me when I was 10. Simon was 31. I wish I could be there with him, but I wasn't assigned to him. I sigh and look at my clock. It's almost 6 am. I better get a move on. It took me two hours to get to Niall's house. I wonder how long it would take me to get to Bradford...