Chapter 17

hey guys so I know that the auditions didn't all happen in the same day or all have the same judges but THIS IS A FAN FIC :) Enjoy Zayn's audition on the side! HE'S A FETUS ZAYN!! :D Sorry for the wait :( I'm really busy now, but I updated! Also sorry about the shortness :/ My grandparents are over...BUT ENJJJOOOYYY

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Zayn is pacing around the room. He's really nervous. He doesn't think he's good enough, but he is. He may look like a baby possum, but he has a great voice. All the boys want me to go on stage with them. I don't mind though. I get to see my dad a lot then.

I walk up to Zayn calming him down with a hug. He's over thinking this. I comfort him without telling him things. He doesn't have a lot of confidence right now, but I'll help him with that. We hear his number called. I change out of my 16 year old human self and into my 13 year old angel state.

"Katie, what if I mess up?" he whimpers.

"You won't! You'll do great. I'll be with you the whole time okay?" I say like I'm talking to a child.

He walks out with me following him out there. He stands on the big X and looks at the judges. I hear the judges ask what his name is.

"My names Zayn," he mumbles.

It sounds like he's saying "Me nems Zen". He's not really accustomed to talking to other people. THe judges let him start to sing. He's not using the music, he's just singing. I made sure to tell him to use vibrato in his voice. He does that incredibly.

I lean my head against his arm as he stops. He's out of breath, but he'll get used to it. I don't pay much attention to what the judges are saying. I just want to hear the "Yes" they'll be saying. Once I hear he's in, I jump up and down.

When I look into the futures, they are just predictions, not the real thing. Any little move could change his future, so I try to make sure I keep an open mind. We get off the stage and I signal him that I'm going to the toilet. I make sure I'm cautious about people who I bump into. I don't want to bump into Liam and Harry, let alone Louis. They'll just question me where I've been and I don't want that.

I walk into the toilet and change into my 16 year old self. I run looking for Zayn. I see his short black hair in the distance. I run and get tripped. I tumble down steps that I didn't even know they were there! I turn on my back and groan. If Louis tripped me, I'm going to punch him the face. I hear pounding feet come towards me.

Well, I know I'm not bleeding since I don't feel any wet substance on me. I move a bit causing me to groan again. I shouldn't run when there's a lot people here. Wait, no, I shouldn't run period. I'll stick to hovering and flying. It doesn't cause me to get hurt.

"Oh my God Katie! Are you okay?" Zayn's Bradford accent delivers through air.

"Katie?! Oh my goodness are you alright!?" Liam's deep Wolverhampton accent asks concerned.

I shoot my eyes open and fly up. I get a bit dizzy but I recover almost instantly.

"Yup! I'm fine," I say breathing in and out very slowly.

I feel four hands, two on either side of my shoulders, guide me to a chair. Zayn's family went to get a nurse here. I think Liam's family are in a different part of the place since he's alone. I look up at the two concerned figures in front of me.

"Katie? Who is this?" Liam asks looking at Zayn.

Zayn just looks away towards the ground. His face grows red. Like I said, he's a quiet boy with strangers. I panic thinking of what to say. Liam is smart and he'll figure out he's one of the boys I'm taking care of. No wait, he won't, he's not THAT smart.

"This is Zen. He's an old friend of mine. He's very shy though," I lift my arm up and wrap it around Zayn's shoulder, "Zen this is another old friend named Leeyum."

"Don't mock me how I talked while I was on stage! I was nervous!" Zayn's head pops up.

I roll my eyes towards him and turn to Liam. They shake hands. They start chatting a bit. I feel like the awkward third wheel now. I should get used to it though. Once they're a band, they'll have each other to keep each others company.

"Well, it was nice talking to you Zayn, but I gotta hit the toilet. That's what I was doing until I saw Katie fall down the stairs. I'll see you guys later," he says in a big rush.

He runs to towards the toilets. Well, something tells me he might have drank too much of something. I'm going to have to talk to him about that. His only kidney can't take a lot of liquids. I turn to Zayn who is smiling at me. I stick my tongue out towards him. His family comes back with the nurse. Well it took them long enough.

"Hey there sweetie are you alright?" an old lady says with a sickly sweet tone.

"Yeah, I feel fine. My back hurts a bit though," I conclude.

She nods and hands me an ice pack. Well, she must be a great nurse. I get a piggy back ride from Zayn. I wonder if I'm heavier now that I'm 16.

"God Katie, what did you eat?" he whispers to me.

"It isn't my fault you wanted me to turn into a 16 year old. Now hush," I scold.

He rolls his eyes and drops me down. His family is heading back to Bradford, but I have to stay here.

"Katie? Are you coming?" His mother asks.

"No ma'am, sorry. I'm going to visit one of my old friends. They should be here in a few minutes," I smile.

"Alright, dear. Please be careful," she smiles and disappears into the car.

I turn to Zayn. I hug him.

"I'll see you later. I'm going to see Ian, Barry, and Hughey's auditions," I say.

"Alright. Love you," he says.

"Love you too," I reply.

He lets go and hides into the car. I turn back around and hide behind a car. I change into my 13 year old self and run inside. I was right, these boys aren't the smartest when it comes to finding out who they others are.