Chapter 30 - Harry

While staring at Simon, I realize how broken he truly is now. His daughter could have been alive today, standing by his side and with possibly grandchildren loving their grandfather. I bite my lip just imagining myself being a father and losing my child in a car accident that I was in as well. My body starts to feel an overwhelmingly cold and everything in the room seems to stop. I turn to see if Zayn can feel it, but he’s stopped in mid stride to sit down in a different chair.

My green eyes fix onto the window that glows a familiar gold color. I feel my body pull towards the fair sized window. I cough loudly as the smell of burnt gasoline fills my lungs. My vision only blurs the further I go towards the window. I try to turn around to run back to Simon and Zayn but it’s no use. I feel my head bang against a cool surface. I rub my eyes so I can see clearer what is happening. I look out the window and a huge crowd is staring up at me with angry eyes.

“Fag!” “Stay away from Harry Styles! You’ll get an STD!” “You’re such a manwhore!” “No one loves you!” “Looking for another women to spread your disease to, Styles?” Their insults pierce through my heart like an arrow piercing it’s target. My eyes start to water from the insults that seem to never end. Through my watery eyes, I see Kristian in the front of the crowd praising them to do more. I wipe away the tears and open the window to yell at them.

Fumbling with the lock on the window, a small child catches my eye. His eyes stare at me with such love and affection, my mind suddenly takes a u-turn from yelling to just walking down the steps to greet the child. Somehow, I’m already on the ground with the crowd. Ignoring the insults they keep shooting me, I kneel down to look at the boy right in the eyes. He gives me a hug before pulling away and looking at me with his vibrant green eyes.

“Daddy!” he giggles. I tilt my head to the side in confusion. Is he supposed to me my son? I furrow my eyebrows wondering why he is here right now in this moment in time. I pull him into a hug to pick him up, but he resists. His face changes into fear and points to something behind me.

Twisting on my knee, I see where the fear came from. Kristian stands behind me with a huge smirk on his disgusting face. I grab a hold of my son, soon realizing I don’t even know his name, but still have the urge to protect him. I glare at Kristian for making the boy in my arms tremble in fear.

“What do you want Kristian?” I spat in his face with nothing but venom dripping at the words. My son whimpers in my arms at how cold my voice sounds. I kiss his the top of his head before resuming my glare towards Kristian.

“Oh me? You know what I want. I’m giving you one final chance Harold.” his sickly-sweet voice makes me want to vomit. The crowd starts to come forward towards me. All of them chant the words ‘join him’. My ears become sensitive to the loud crowd. I roll my eyes thinking this is a pathetic way to try to get him to join him.

A smirk plays onto Kristian’s lips knowing how annoyed I am with the crowd. Their chants grow louder by the second until I can’t take the words any longer, “No! I will not join him! I told you this weeks ago! Leave me alone!” I scream as loud as I can making the boy in my arms flinch at my voice. I rub circles onto his back making sure he will calm down more.

Kristian’s eyes turn white, almost making him look more demonic than usual. He falls to his knees looking in deep pain. I glare at his dramatic composure. His body fades away like sand blowing in the wind. The people around me start to fade away as well leaving me alone in the street with my small boy in my arms. I look down at my son and observe how beautiful he looks.

“Brandon! It’s time to go!” a soft voice yells. My son looks up at me with sad eyes. He sighs and hugs me again. In front of us there’s an old woman looking happy and full of life. “I’m sorry Harry, but Brandon must leave with us. We’re preparing his soul to be born in a few years. There’s nothing to worry, you’ll see him again, maybe more siblings.”

“I love you daddy!” He squeals giving me a kiss on the cheek. I return the kiss and I love you to Brandon. They go through a door to a building. So that’s what my son will look like. He’s going to be one good looking boy. I small smile tugs onto my lips imagining all the times I will have with him.

Someone behind me clears their throat. I turn around meeting the eyes of David, the guardian angel taking care of me. My smile soon fades knowing how serious David can be when he visits me to make sure I’m okay. “You need to come with me, Harry.” he mumbles quietly. Something tells me got into a fight with Olly since he’s been acting kind of depressed the last few times we’ve seen him.

My eyes begin to feel dry and my body feels like cold air has invaded it. I blink a few times before seeing what is in front of me. I’m in a small room filled with little kids. I tilt my head to the side, looking at David to question him why I am here, “You’re special Harry. You have that way with kids that connects them deep with the soul,” David pauses and stretches his arm outward referring to the kids, “All these kids are getting ready to be born. This specific room is for the kids to be born in the next few hours, days, or even minutes.” I look at all the faces that will be introduced to the world soon.

One by one, the kids hug people before fading away. Some children are so small and look so sick, they seem like they won’t survive a minute out there, “The smaller children are premature. Like those quadruplets over there; they’re fully developed, but still premature.” he pauses again before looking directly at one kid. The girl had the same features as David, but had glasses instead. She was jumping around, waiting for her turn to go out in the real world, “That’s my niece over there. My sister is having a child at a young age, but she made a beautiful baby.” The girl fades away and David starts tearing up.

“David, you’ll see them again one day.” I whisper quietly knowing he’ll hear it no matter what. He nods and takes my hand again. Feeling the same rush of air along with the burning sensation in my eyes, I try to blink fast to regain water to my eyes. Once the wind stops again, I open my eyes to a pink tinted room. I first see Louis, Niall, and Liam lazily sleep on a gigantic couch that could fit at least ten people.

To my right, Katie lays on a bed with a machine constantly beeping. I walk so I am right beside her bed. Her face is pale, but the color is slowly growing onto her skin. Her hair is messily placed on the pillow, for sure making her have bed head when she wakes up. I look on the monitor beside her bed. It’s not measuring the heartbeat, which is odd for a hospital.

“It measures energy level, Harry.” Liam mumbles quietly whilst rubbing his eyes tiredly. I roll my eyes at Liam. He would know that. I rub Katie’s forehead with the pad of my thumb.

“I’m waiting Katie. We’re all waiting to see you. Your dad is waiting for a sign from you. He told me himself. He’s really missing you.” I stop before taking in a deep breath, “I saw one of my sons today. I can’t wait for him to be born and actually have him in my arms. See you soon.”

I yawn out and walk towards Liam, Niall, and Louis. They all look massively tired, but also look like they slept for ages. I sit down next to Liam, letting my body fall against the couch like a corpse. “So you saw your son?” Liam questions me only moving his mouth.

“Yeah. He was so beautiful,” I mumble quietly. Opening my eyes a bit, I see Liam nod, but soon stop telling me he fell asleep. I close my eyes again. I fall asleep thinking about my son who I will see in a few years or rather in a lot of years, but my mind drifts to Katie. Waiting for her to wake up so I can tell her what has happened over the past four months.

-----

Side picture of Joshua Rush as Harry's son Brandon.