Chapter 3

I go down to Wolverhampton to Liam's house. It takes me a few hours but I got there. It felt like a few minutes, only because the hours felt like minutes to me. I stand in the street looking at his house. I'm about to go in when I see a lady run out with a boy in her arms. Liam?

She gets into the car and drives somewhere. I follow closely behind her. She reaches a hospital. She runs inside and they seem to know what to do already. They take him to a room where I see him. He's so small. The doctor comes in and brings out a lot of needles.

Liam is placed on the bed. I sit down beside him. He seems to notice me and just stare at me. The first injection comes and he lets out a whimper.

"Liam, it'll be alright just look at me," I whisper.

He nods and stares at me. I see the injection go in one by one. Poor boy that must hurt so much. The final one goes in and band-aids are placed on 32 injections. 32!!! He looks at his arm and whimpers. I go over to his arm and touch it. I don't know how, but we have the power to make the pain go away.

"Well, see you tonight doctor," the lady says picking up Liam.

I'm starting to figure out that the lady is his mum. She puts Liam in the car and I sit down next to him. He leans his head against my shoulder. He hasn't said anything yet. His mum takes him inside and lays him in his room. What is up with these parents and leaving their children in their rooms?! I sit down next to him.

"Hey Liam," I smile.

"Hi," he his small voice says.

"Those must have hurt huh?" I say pointing to his arm.

"Yeah, but I get them everyday. Morning and night," he sighs.

"Aww, it'll be alright Li. It'll be worth it in the future," I smile.

"I guess, what's your name?" he asks.

"I'm Katie. Your guardian angel. I was sent to look after you and 4 other boys," I reply.

"Oh. Katie can you be there with me again when I get my shots tonight?" he asks.

"Yes I can. Let's not think about that right now. Let's just have some fun," I say.

"Okay! But Mummy is having family over," he pouts a bit.

I put my hand on his shoulder and smile.

"I can still play with you," I smile.

He lets out a squeal of joy and hugs me. Ah I can tell this boy will be so sweet! He grabs a hold of my hand and pulls me outside. There are many people here already. I check the time and it's almost 3 pm. CURSE YOU POWERFUL BEING THAT MAKES TIME GO BY TO FAST! Liam pulls me over to the swings.

He talks about his favorite things and things he hates. He tells me his dreams. He wants to become a singer. I think this is the theme. They're all going to be in a band. I should have figured that out since I'm working in the music wing. His mum calls him over to eat. I sit down next to him as he eats he talks to me. His parents are looking at him like he's crazy. I shake my head at them.

"Liam honey? Who are you talking to?" his mum asks.

"Katie," he says simply.

"And where is Katie?" she asks.

He points at me. I sigh and remember they can't see me. All they do is nod and continue to eat. They probably think I'm his imaginary friend. He finishes eating and his mum takes him to the car again. Oh god, he has to get his shots. I follow them to the hospital again. He's already in the room. I sit down next to him.

"Katie! I thought you wouldn't come!" he exclaims hugging me.

The other people in the room seem to busy preparing the injections to notice. He closes his eyes when he sees the first injection coming. I rub his back telling him soothing words so he won't think of the pain. After 32 injections, they put band-aids over them. I make his pain go away and they leave.

I wait for him in his room. They come in and his mum changes him into his pajamas. She tucks him in and leaves. He stares at me and sighs.

"Liam, I have something for you," I say.

I take out his bracelet. I first look over the charms. There's a turtle, Woody from Toy Story, and the 1D symbol. I lift it up so he can see it.

"This is your bracelet. You have to keep it no matter what," I say.

I slip it onto his wrist. He looks at the charms.

"WOODY!" he yells.

"Yes Woody," I giggle, "Now if you ever need me, say the names of the charms," I say.

"Okay, so a turtle, Woody, and what's this?" he asks.

"1D symbol. Just say those I'll be with you," I say.

"Promise?" he asks.

"Promise," I say, "Now get some sleep. I still have to visit two more boys."

"Who?" he asks.

"You'll find out soon enough. Good night. Love you," I reply.

"Love you!" he says back.

I go out the window and go back to the gates. I have two more boys to see. Harry and Louis. I walk around trying finding my friends. They're all sitting around on at a table in our wing. Our jobs are one of the best kind here. I sit down next to Stefan.

"Hey Katie! How are your boys doing?" Stefan asks.

"Pretty good. I still have to visit two of them. How's yours?"

He shrugs.

"It's Logan's birthday tomorrow so I'll be with him for the day," he says.

I smile and nod at him. We turn to the rest of our friends. Nichole is taking care of a boy named Ed, David is taking care of a boy named Olly, and Matt is taking care of a girl named Selena. Frankly, it's mostly boys are group takes care of. We all tell our stories when we go to a private subject. How we all died.

"So, does anyone want to say?" Matt asks.

"I'll say it. I'm not afraid," Stefan says.

We all look at him shocked. No one here talks about that stuff. We all keep it to ourselves. I think Stefan is the first person to actually talk about it.

"Well, I was 14 at the time. My parents have been heavily drinking and I was in charge of my little sister. My parents had a fight and my mom left. Next thing I knew my dad was charging into my room trying to hurt my little sister. I protected her and I ended up getting stabbed 5 times. Before I passed out was able to knock him out with a lamp. I watched my self in the hospital as the people were trying to save me. My sister watched them. She was 9 at the time. She's 18 now. So technically, I should be 23, but I'm still 14," he finishes.

Everyone stays silent.

"You know, I was 14 when I died. I'm technically supposed to be 19 now," Nichole admits.

"I was 15. I'm supposed to be 25," David says.

"I was 14; I'm supposed to be 29. I guess I'm the oldest here. What about you Katie?" Matt asks.

I twiddle my thumbs. I haven't thought about how old I am. I haven't thought about the day I died. I look up at them.

"13 suppose to be 18. I uh, have to go. I'm not done visiting the kids," I say trying not to cry.

I walk out and start my journey to Harry's house. I wipe away my tears along the way. I miss being alive...

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

[A/N] D: I started to get teary eyed when I wrote this. Comment below on what you think so far of this book! Have any questions just ask!

Comment/Vote/Fan you know the deals! I'll give you a cookie if you do (::)

~Nebbie