Chapter 40...

(Luca P.O.V)

“Are you sure you can do this?”

Hell I can.

Derek, Peter gave me a questioning look, while the rest of the pack shuffled in their place anxiously. They all had the same look on their faces, which made me realise that they were not truly aware of what a vampire could do when it lets its instinct take over.

“I don’t know if this would work, I mean Luca...” Jackson trailed off furrowing his eyebrows in a close knit.

“Don’t worry pup, this is nothing and I’m there to control him” Morris offered as he walked beside me and handed me a piece of cloth.

“This is all you got, a freaking bra” I took the bra from his hand and dangled it in front of his face. Morris grinned rubbing the back of his neck “That’s what I got Lu now use it, smell it and run for your prey little brother mine”

I rolled my eyes and dropped my hand curling the bra in my fist. Yeah exactly smell a sweaty bra and run for the prey how disgusting. I grimaced inwardly

“Whatever Moh, you follow me first; you are faster than the rest,”

“Yes and Derek can led the pack and don’t forget to keep in sync with Derek, he is quite faster in his wolf form and will be able to keep up with you both and then we follow” Peter ordered and looked Derek for confirmation to which Derek gave a curt nod and he turned around to face the pack.

“Stiles, Erica and I want you three to stay back and if anything goes wrong inform the SUPERNATURAL headquarter,” he shifted and looked at Lydia, “Lydia you and Erica are in charge of Dylan. Spread mountain ash all around the mansion nothing should happen to my son, I’m trusting you both”

Erica and Lydia nodded together.

 Then he looked at Isaac “You and Danny are staying back with Scott. All the humans are you responsibility including Dylan.”

“Yes Alpha” Scott said

“Dylan will be safe so as the rest” Danny said as he took a step forward beside Scott. “You take care of your mate”

So here it goes, we all were standing in the middle of s clearing where Jackson and Danny lost Kate’s scent because they could only smell Derek and nothing else. Which was a constant occurrence for couple of weeks but Peter pointed out that, it was only Derek’s scent and nothing else but if it was really Derek’s scent then it should have my scent mingled with his. So Morris came up with the idea that if the wolfy nose wasn’t being much of a help so why not use Vampire’s.

Because unlike wolfs we don’t follow body odour felt by animals that helps in tracing, we follow heartbeat and blood and few we let out instinct take over us we can follow any specific human being or any species with their heartbeat and blood.

“Luca you ready” Derek asked as he stood by my side and placed a hand on my shoulder. I leaned in his chest taking in the warmth of his body and wrapped an arm around his neck.

“Please be safe” Derek murmured as he nuzzled my neck scenting before pressing his lips on his bite mark to kiss it.

I closed my eyes for brief moment savouring the feeling before pulling away. I looked into his eyes, worry and concern etched his beautiful hazel orbs which made my heart sting and I wished if I could take them away from him.

“I will,” I promised and tiptoed to kiss him “You too take care please”

We pulled apart as I walked few steps away from Derek. I looked around the surrounding inspecting as far as my super vision to help me to see. The forest seemed quite normal like the rest of the time. Birds chirped in their nest. The sun was about to set give the sky a purple and orange hue in the horizon. Light breeze blew the dried leaves as the branches swayed in accord. Everything seemed to be at peace unaware of the hidden threat lurking behind the tranquil facade.