Chapter 23...

(Luca P.O.V)

"Isaac," Derek said, reaching out, gave him a handful of bags...

"Derrrrek," Isaac said back, his voice mocking, overly-serious. Derek rolled his eyes...

I waddled over and gave him a hug and he planted  kiss on my forehead, "How are you feel?" he muttered, caressing my swollen belly...

"I am fine today"

"Luca, I think we should startover with a prep, Erica and Lydia have gone out to run some errands, they will be back soon" Isaac informed and walked in the kitchen with the bags...

"I'm so excited and you're so perfect" I murmured, tip-toes and pecked on his jaw...

Derek looked pleased, his ears going slightly pink. "My mom spent a lot of time in the kitchen, but so did the whole family. It was the heart of the house. Seemed like it should be again."

I smiled fondly. "It's perfect. And since I'm in charge today and you can't cook, I can't wait to put this baby through her paces," I said, rubbing my hands together expectantly and walked into the kitchen, Derek followed

Derek looked indignant. "I can cook ."

"Beacon, toast,  does not count. Now help me unload the groceries. What time is everyone coming?" I asked as I started pulling things out of bags.

"Around 6."

"Perfect.

"It... it will be good. To have everybody here. Together," Derek said softly. "Thanks for offering to do this."

I smiled. "Glad to. I have already missed to many christmas' and I didn't want to miss this one.", I looked at him "Our first christmas together"

Derek walked over and wrapped his arms around my waist. He tipped his head and kissed softly on my lips "I hope you have a wonderful christmas with your new family.."Derek smiled, and it made me warm inside just to see his dimples hidden behind his dark stubble.

Two hours later, the kitchen had come alive. I had four of the six burners occupied, the turkey was roasting in the oven, and Derek had even slipped an iPod into a cradle on the counter so that music filled the kitchen. They had a good system down, Derek chopping and stirring things as I handed them to him. We didn't talk much, but the easy camaraderie in the kitchen was nearly palpable...

"So who have you invited" I asked as I scrubbed a pan.

Derek leaned against the counter, watching me clean up. "The whole pack, Argent's family and one of my old acquaintance"

I hmmed, handed it to Derek and  grabbed the corner of Derek's towel to dry my hands off and leaned against the counter as Derek finished drying... "So do you think, this all would be suffice for the guests and the pack"

Derek nodded his head, as he moved over to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of beer, "Don't worry every thing you have cooked is perfect" He muttered, taking a swig from his bottle...

I opened mouth to reply but the ring of my phone put me on hault...
I fished inside my pocket to pull my phone out. "Hey, Erica! What's up?

Derek took a sip, his eyes fixed on me and of course hearing Erica's voice through the phone. "Hey Luca... have you looked outside recently?"

"No, why?"

"Go look."

I walked over to a dark window and looked out. Derek's Camaro and Range Rover were just an amorphous white blob in the driveway. "Fuck. That's... a lot of snow."