Chapter 19... (December)

(The New Hale House)-------->

(Derek P.O.V)

“I want chicken,” Luca announced when he climbed in the car and looked over to him. “Don’t let me down.”

“Fine,” I muttered as I pulled away from his building. “Did you hear from you father lately"

Pong of saddness from his body filled the car and I felt like hitting myself  “No.” Luca replied "but, I know you would not like the idea  but I want to find him" 

“Why would I deny you that?” 

 He swallowed hard. “I was just saying, he is trapped in Vampyria”

“Well I already said I was okay with it,because he is you father, I will find a way to bring him back to the mainland"

“It’s not going to be weird then?”

“Well not for me…” I murmured trailing off and giving him a look. I didn't know what I was promising him, but I have to take a chance to find his father....

Luca sniffed and looked down at his clasped hand which laid on his lap...

"Luca, don't I promise" I just wanted to take his pain away...

“Can you blame me? I am a mess at the moment. My hormones are all over the place! I am freaking out at this moment ” Luca exclaimed throwing his hands up and wincing when he caught the ceiling..

“That’s how all first time parents feel,” I said and gave Luca a side long glance when he looked at me in horror.

“Where the hell did you hear that?”

“Baby books, I didn’t get them, Erica did.” I said with a heavy sigh turning into the drive thru at KFC.

"You are cute some time.” Luca gain with a toothy grin

“Yes, what do you want?”

Luca asked for his original order and hummed in delight when they got it at the other window and pushed the hot chips into his mouth.

“Do you mind me eating in the car?” he questioned looking over to me...

I raised an eyebrow as I ate my own food. “If you get any grease on the leather I’ll make you get on your hands and knees and lick it off.”

“Kinky,” Luca said with a snort of laughter ducking his head to continue eating. “So can we go back to your apartment and I can see this spare bedroom?”

I nodded my head as I continued to chew " Yes, but you are not sleeping there... " Luca cut me off "We are past this argument, I am not sleeping in you room"

I resisted to roll my eyes, "My room's cleaned, ok "

Luca looked at me skeptically but eventually agreed and nodded his head "It shouldn't reek of sex, or I swear I would never go to you house every" he said firmly

 I  was nervous I didn't want any wrong to happen this time... Last time was a blunder when I took Luca to my house. We were kissing as we entered my room but in a swift movement Luca pulled away from me and sniffed the air, he moved so fast that I couldn't even register what was happening before I saw clothes were  frantically pulled out of my wardrobe,  Luca broke into tears as he threw Kate's clothes at me, screaming at top of his voice that I was cheating on him... It took me hours to console him and to make him understand that she told me she would take them later but that didn't happen...

I didn’t answer as I wiped my hands, handing Luca his own meal, and drove us away heading to my home.

I parked my car out my house and got out slamming the door close, Luca trailed after me as he ate his chicken.