Chapter 21...

(Stiles' Picture)-------->

(DereK P.O.V)

I was used to living alone. I got up every morning, drank my coffee, read the morning newspaper, went to work and dealt with idiots, criminal, supernaturl, before coming home to an empty house until the pack moved in few months back, It wasn’t like I hated it, I liked being alone, but sometimes when my pack came around to see me a part of me wanted them to not leave. The problem was before I always had Laura and before that his family. I had a big family, brothers, sisters, parents, cousins, aunties and uncles that filled a massive house. It was constantly full of life and it was sometimes unbearable but I dealt with it...

That was now gone forever. I’d never have that back and my heart ached for it once again. It was different now though and Luca was a constant presence in my life I didn’t know I needed. His scent had now entwined into me, around the mansion and the smell of it was comforting.

His heartbeat mixed with the babys' was soothing for me when I was lying awake at night unable to sleep. I could hear it like a birds wing beat and it always made something deep inside of me clench. In a few months I’d have a son or daughter completely dependent on me and the thought should terrify me but it didn’t. I had my pack, in a sense I had my family, but this was my blood. It made my wolf whine and pant inside of me desperately craving to touch and hold the life that I and Luca had created.

I enjoyed his company despite everything and I enjoyed most of all watching what had been the tiniest bump grow and grow. Luca was now twenty weeks pregnant, five months exactly, and his bump is more prominent when he wears a tighter shirt.

---Flashback---

“You can’t stop staring at him, can you?” Erica murmured as we sat on a couch in the livivng room, together drinking coffee.

I jerked from where I was looking at Luca napping on the couch and frowned at her smug smile.

“I was checking he was okay,” I muttered staring down at my cup instead.

“Bullshit, you can’t take your eyes off him! Is our mighty alpha beginning to, dare I say it, feel something for another human being?!” she whispered in mock horror.

“Get out,” he growled glancing at Luca who snuffled turning over giving them his back.

“I’m serious, it’s obvious you have feelings for him.”

“Nothing is obvious, it’s your overactive imagination and nothing more.”

“You’re such a bad liar, of course you have feelings for him, and you chose him that night for a reason. He’s a good looking guy, you’ve had sex already, and he’s pregnant with your babys. That means something! Why are you denying it?” Erica said with a shake of her head. “You don’t need to lie to me, I know you’re lying anyway, but embrace it. One day, you’re going to get him.”

I watched wordlessly as Erica downed her cup, smacked her lips, and smiled as she stood up going into the bathroom to reapply her lipstick. my eyes flicked over to Luca who had resumed his soft snoring.

“I’m off, enjoy suffering and pining,” Erica said pressing a kiss to his cheek quickly before walking out and closing the door quietly behind her...

---Flashback End---

I sighed deeply as I looked at myself in the mirror for a long moment before wiping my hands on the towel and stepping out. Luca was currently draped across the whole couch leaving no room to sit down. I carefully picked up his feet and sat down not wanting to disturb him as I did. My eyes flickered over to his sleeping face, it’s peaceful, content, free from worries, and I only wished I could do that.