Chapter 38...

(Luca P.O.V)

Raising and caring for Dylan was as easy as breathing for me. It was also mixed with sleepless nights, sick on my favourite t-shirts, and attempting to learn everything from bathing him, changing his diaper in record time, and dealing with parenthood. I was doing what Derek wanted. I was attempting to push Kate to the back of my mind but it was proving difficult. Dylan was growing into his own person each day and I adored watching his eyes capture life around them.

Though Dylan was four months old but he looked like more of ten months. I don’t know, it this is any kind of werewolf juju or something.

When I wasn’t with him or Derek or the pack, I was on the phone to Deaton wanting to know more about magic and help him to know more about damphires. Being half human I could do bit of magic and with little help from Lydia and her blood magic could run my veins, magic that could be used against Kate, and I wanted to use it. The problem was Derek. I was keeping it from him at the moment and the secrets didn’t help. Derek was all about protecting me, protecting the both of us, but while I appreciated that I wanted to be able to protect myself and Dylan and to make Derek understand that I wasn’t as fragile as he though, I am a half vampire for crying out loud.

But Kate’s hurter’s kills and her hold in black magic seemed to baffle us every time me made a move. She was good in hiding and removing her trail. But the thing that shocked us all was after each time the pack went after her scent they all retuned to Derek because somehow every time her scent changed to Derek. Every time they thought they were close enough to catch her scent vanishes and they could only smell Derek..

It had been four months since Dylan had been born and I loved watching how responsive he was slowly becoming. His eyes staring into mine, his hands wrapping around my fingers, and the small sounds he made in response to me.

I was currently folding up laundry with Lydia while Derek paced in the living room on the phone, Dylan on his shoulder, and I watched with a fond look.

“He won’t put him down, the only time he’s not in his arms is when he’s either in mine, down for the night, or he doesn’t want contact so he’s on his play mat.”

“It’s adorable,” Lydia commented glancing at the pair of them.

“It’s like he needs the contact from him, he’s constantly purring around him,” I muttered folding up his little tops and onesies. “The bond between a werewolf and its cub…unbreakable.”

“You know it’s the same for you…the bond between the birth father and his daughter.”

“I know, the connection we have makes me understand a lot of things” I murmured with a small smile.

I  glanced over at Derek who huffed angrily before ending the phone call, coming over to us. Dylan made a small sound of protest before settling into the crook of his neck with a small sleepy sigh.

“I have to go to work,  Chris is screaming like hell it’s impossible to make him believe about Kate,” he muttered working his jaw before leaning in and kissing me hard. “I’ll be two hours, tops, and Lydia will be here. Don’t go out without her…or better yet just don’t go out, please?”

“We’ll be fine, and you know I can protect Lydia better than she can” I replied with a smirk which of course smack on my arms from Lydia. “ Ouch, watch it girl” I scowl at her playfully

“Go, okay, don’t worry.” I said looking back at Derek

Derek frowned at me before leaning into kiss Dylan’s forehead, nuzzling his cheek and mine before he left us. Lydia watched them shaking her head and waited till Derek was gone to finally speak.