Tears and Pleading Love ~ Part One

To my devoted followers here is Part One of my last Chapter, I hope you continue to read till the end. And remember to vote, fan and comment. Many Thanks

thestoryteller24 

                                                                                Chapter Twenty- Seven

Breathing heavily; hearts pounding wildly in their chests, they stared at the empty void where Zella had once stood only seeing the black scattered ashes that had remained; was the only evidence that she was there to begin with, now blowing away with the wind. She was finally gone.

Her spell around the village began to shrivel in their threatening size, disintegrating into nothingness as they fall to the ground around them. Revealing the huddled villagers and guards who were trapped outside of the wall; watching it in silence as it crumbled into pieces before disappearing before their feet. Among them Winnie and Humphrey ran towards their friends in disbelief away from the still and silent crowd behind them.

Perhaps it was a trick, a wicked trick Zella had conjured up, making them believe they were alive and well thought Humphrey as he approached them with Winnie following closely behind. He approached ever cautiously, his eyes narrowing in questionable doubt. He imagined that in any second if he were to offer his hand to Drake, that he might perish into dust along with the girl with the touch of his hand to then hear Zella's sickening laughter. He stopped before for a moment his mind greatly clouded with doubt as stared at them, readying himself for the evitable as he slowly offered his hand to his Prince. His fears however were washed away as Drake gladly grasped his hand to pull him up to his feet. Now standing before him Drake patted Humphrey's shoulder giving his thanks.

Watching his Prince assist the young maiden behind him up on her feet, still feeling the slight doubt returning in his chest, he couldn't refuse just yet that their nightmare could be over. His eyes landed on the large dark mass of ash that remained on the ground; looking at it suspiciously he made his way towards it for he could not yet let himself believe that she was gone for good. For he knew her too well and expected her to appear before him laughing in his face, for she was the greatest deceiver; "where is she?" He asked without looking over his shoulder to his Prince.

"Gone" Drake replied sensing Humphrey's uneasiness as he watched the guards along with the villagers cautiously make their way back towards the village. Looking just as uneasy as his Captain and Winnie who was now hiding, watching as her head peered over from the corner of one of the houses close by. "She will no longer cause harm to anyone anymore" he reassured.

Feeling familiar small hands holding his arm, he turned his heard towards his beloved, his heart filled with pride that he had saved her as he gazed into those blue eyes he loved so much as she stared back into his. Her gaze seemed to slip from his for a moment as she caught the sight of her parents walking back towards the village, with worried anxious looks on their faces their eyes searching around themselves. "Mother! Father!" she cried letting go of Drake's arm as she ran towards them, running into her father's joyous open arms as they cried and hugged one another.

He watched their tender moment silently as they rejoiced being together again, he smiled in happiness for her as her mother and father kissed her forehead tenderly. His eyes then travelled back to the rest of the villagers talking and hugging one another, while others inspected around Zella's remains along with the guards. Everyone seemed now at rest, their fear and uneasiness falling from their faces as if all was now alright with the world once again. They then began to loudly cheer declaring that the wicked witch's demise, as hurrahs filled the villages as fists pumped up into the air. While others finally laughed relishing their freedom as others cried in tears they had given up hope a long time ago.