Chapter 25- Be Mine Forever More ~ Part Two

The woods remained eerily quiet, eager to find the source. He watched alarmed walking through the woods at the startling change around him as all life began to darken and dim; turning a lifeless grey. He had seen this before many years ago, and he hoped that the cause of it was not here, not now, not ever. Searching for the source he almost jumped out of his skin as he ducked behind the closest bush before him, ducking down as the sounds of unfamiliar hoarse voices became louder and out of nowhere.

The sound of their voices were now extremely close and the sound of crunching boots on the frost bitten snow right behind him, he looked down slightly around the bristly bush and found oak brown leather boots that looked almost pristine if it were not for the patches of traveling mound on the bottom of their feet. He knew now that whomever was behind him was not one of the villagers but strangers that were not accustomed to this place, needing to know who they were as they began to complain to one another he walked and hid in the bristly bush that gave him enough coverage to be concealed from them that would allow him to easily spy on the two men. Moving a small patch of thin prickly branches he saw them, the two men that looked extremely fatigued and tired, as dark bags hung underneath their eyes. Their clothes dirty and slightly tattered on their elbows and knees, their faces unkempt with mud and the growth of short bristly stubble. There was something about their dirty colour faded shirts that seemed somewhat awfully familiar to him, as if they should hold some significance to him; staring hard at their uniforms until the point he was squinting, his mind blanking out their complaints of the on- going ill treatment.

He saw something worn and tattered, what seemed to be the material of a badge that had long been neglected, its edges shabby and embedded with dirt as loose threads hung down from its sides. The badge was hidden from his sight on one of the men's right breast; it was only until his posture change that he saw its emblem. An emblem he had not seen since his disappearance into the new world, these men were soldiers, and not any solders, they were solders from his Kingdom. All at once from the recognition of who they are, that he heard their hoarse voices full of pity. "I can't understand why we are stationed here? I mean weren't we here searching for the girl here before only a few months ago?" asked the fair headed shoulder to the other.

"Apparently that familiar of her's is leading her here again; I suppose it's found something that leads to the girl" answered the other.

"But why are we stationed here? Why are all the others stationed around the forest? That's what I want to know.

"The other solider shrugged cluelessly unable to answer, "What I would like to know" the other solider proceeded to say "is why all of a sudden Her Majesty has taken it upon herself to arrive there in person? I can't help but think she is going to find the girl this time." he swallowed hard almost scared to think what she may do next, "She's got everyone station closely surrounding the village. As well as outside just in case anyone attempts to escape. Everyone else including the Captain is in the village searching every home with Her Majesty."

His heart had launched itself within his throat throbbing heavily, for a moment all air left his lungs, his pulse cold and racing, his mind blown asunder. She was here, searching for her; the realisation hit him instantly as his body took flight, fleeing from the bush, away unseen by the soldiers. He needed to get her out of the village and take her as far away from 'her' clutches, even if that meant taking her to the end of the world in order for her to be safe.Minutes passed excruciatingly by, that felt like hours. The house had turned unbearably cold as the embers of the dying fire faded away a long time ago, her shaky warm breath forming like small steam clouds as she wrapped her arms around her legs to keep warm. Her ears hurting from the insufferable silence as she could no longer hear the screams and frightful cries of the villagers being pulled out from the homes, nor the footsteps or whispers of her parents. For a moment she rested her head on her knees closing hers eyes fighting the uncontrollable urge of her teeth chattering from the cold.