New Acquaintances & A Royal Invitation - Part Three

Sorry for the long wait by there is the next half of the Chapter enjoy, and remember to vote, comment, and fan to show your support :)

Not a moment too soon had the door began to creak open swiftly as the sunlight pierced through the gap of the door, spreading the bright light across the dark deserted cottage allowing fresh air to dispel the stale constricting air from the room. The gloomy cottage now exposed to sunlight looked more lively and vibrant yet tiny of thousands of particles that was not there before, appeared falling before them revealing dust floating slowly down to the ground looking like a raining creamed coloured sunshine. As Rosa stepped inside she noticed straight away the state of the cottage as she observed questionably at the untidiness and the abandonment of it, until confusion and curiosity clouded her face as she said in an amused voice said “This is unusual?”

She walked casually towards the kitchen table as she glided her old wrinkled finger across its surface, leaving a clean straight streak amongst the thick layers of dust as she observed its thickness of it between her fingers. Her eyes then moved towards the small dark vacant cubby holes as did Drake’s, while Juliana stood clueless standing just beside Drake while the fresh breeze blew gently at her back as the door was still wide open. Drake removed his back from the wall standing next to Juliana as he looked around the room once more scanning every inch and corner with his eyes, from all the years he had journeyed here with Rosa he had never seen the cottage in such disarray and untended before which was highly unusual. “Is anyone here?” asked Rosa in a slightly high voice as her wise eyes looked around the uninhabited cottage.

As the silence lingered on Drake could see by Rosa’s face that she looked slightly alarmed and panicked as the silence grew as there was no sign of a reply, as she gave out a slightly panicked sigh a slight distant tapping sound could be barely heard until it came closer coming towards them. Becoming louder and more recognisable as the constant sound of tapping was quick against the wooden floorboards, they all looked at the dust covered floor beneath them where they could spot little tiny footprints scattered across the floor.

The footprints went in every direction as they watched invisible feet tap away along the floor, Juliana watched in amazement as she tried to keep her eyes on the footprints that quickly went by before her eyes could follow them properly. She continued to stand still by the door as she looked around herself to see where the invisible feet would go next, until a tiny grasp escaped her lips as she felt something bump hard against her as she heard a heavy clang echoed slightly beside her. She looked down where something had bumped into her leg where she could see a dirty pot roll slightly on the floor, as she heard a annoyed groan where she could see a little man sitting on the floor rubbing his back with his small podgy hand.

He looked slightly old if not very small in size he looked like he would just reach the height of her knee, he wore brown, saude ragged clothing with deep rich brown leather boots and wore a small worn leather pouch at his side. He was bald at the top of his head with a sparkling clean shine, with long darkish brown sideburns with a long raggerty knotted beard, his eyebrows were a thick black and bushy with deep heavy lines around his eyes, mouth and forehead with big rounded ears. He looked extremely grumpy as he finished rubbing his back and before Juliana could say a word to him, he glared at her with deep brown eyes from under his heavy dark brow as he said in a rude annoyed excusing manner. “Look what you made me do!” as he got back up to his feet slowly before picking up the pot from the floor next to him. He looked at her once more glaring at her accusingly from the corner of his eye harshly observing her as he said with aloud suspicious voice as he stepped closely towards her frighteningly “who are you?!”

But without giving her a chance to speak or say anything his tanned cheeks began to turn instantly red with anger, where steam began to come pour out of his ears as his body started to shake as anger flared in his veins. Until a voice that he knew well distracted him as the voice cleared their throat seeking his attention as he turned suspiciously round as his glary gaze fell  instantly as he recognised Rosa with her arms folded looking down at him with an authoritive smile on her face as her fingers tapped along her arms. The redness in his cheeks began to subside as the steam seized as his glare fell ashamedly as he looked over his shoulder looking at the vacant lifeless fireplace, as he called out to it with irritation still evident in his moody voice “your late! Their here.”