The Welcoming Garden to The Flowered Kingdom ~ Part Two

I apologise to everyone for the long wait, but I had been hospitalised from a serious condition that is still on going which has caused my process in writing this story slow. There are mistakes in this half, but I wanted you to be updated. So remember if you like and support this story then vote, fan, or leave a comment. And Happy Reading :)

Yours Truly thestoryteller24

The acknowledgement and balance of time seemed to be forgotten and mistaken; it seemed to have taken mere minutes to finish polishing the brass around the hearth, as the bright sunshine lit the room making the clean edges of the furniture sparkle like glass. The whole cottage seemed fresh, clean and with the aroaming scent of wild spring flowers, swirling their intoxicating aroma around to every nook of the room as Scrabble opened the windows. Intending to clean each one until it shined to perfection as he cleaned each side of the glass with fresh liquidised cornflower, massaging the glass with a soft cloth in circular movements until it was submerged with cornflower. Before wiping it away from each side with warm water until the glass looked non-existent leaving a trail of opened glassless empty frames.

The chairs in the small sitting room on the other side of the kitchen was refreshed with colour and looked heavenly inviting, as a large ray of streaming sunlight highlighted the comforting chairs. Everyone was content at work as Drake and Juliana polished the wooden ladders from either side of the room that formed a small narrow passage, while Mary- Gold swept the small cobble holes that were Brawley’s and Scrabble’s homes and Brawley’s poking at the logs trying to ignite the untouched logs with a black iron poker.

Until Mary-Gold swept the last of the remaining dust into a dustpan and discarded it threw one of the open windows without Scrabble seeing. Where she placed her broom away she placed her hands on her hips happy with the day’s work, with a smile on her face she looked at both Drake and Juliana who worked with their backs facing one another in silence as they polished the ladders. She could see their exposed hands look exhausted and tired as they pushed on with their shared chore, she had forgotten how tired humans when constantly working unlike her kind, and yet they continued to do their share of chores without complaint or taken a break. Not once had they let their eyes wonder around them or at each other nor did they realise her staring, she walked towards the hearth where Brawley still busily poked at the logs bent down beside him to reach his short height as she asked him to do something for her, he looked at her unamused with her request as he grumbled to himself as he placed the iron hot poker back in its holder beside the hearth.

He stalked towards the wall of hanging pots and pans and grabbed hold of a large wicca basket from its hook, letting it hang on his arm as he continued to grumble as he made his way towards the door as he opened it his grumble seized. The silence of his grumpiness caught Juliana’s attention as her eyes gazed up from the ladders towards the door, as she turned her head she saw Brawley glaring at her from the corner of his eye, his face portraying his constant grumpy mood. His glaring piercing dark eyes made an alarming shiver run through her making her take an involuntary step back, he lifted his head with a slight gurn on his face his eyes almost looking down at her if it weren’t for his height. As he caught her alarmed gaze he gave out a grumpy huff and spun on his heel and stomped outside as he slammed the door shut behind him, making the room jump with force as well as Juliana.

His presence no longer amongst them left her feeling rather rattled as she turned round to presume cleaning the small nooks of the ladder, where the dirt had in caved itself within the long corners of the steps.

With Brawley out into the front garden Mary-Gold clapped her hands loudly gaining both of her working guests attention as their heads looked up at her, as she rubbed her hands together busily as she made her way towards them. “Alright then, that’s enough cleaning for today,” she said to them both as she laid her hands on their shoulders driving them away from the ladders towards the sitting area as she continued. “Why don’t you both take a nice well deserved rest, and relax and enjoy yourselves, and leave the rest to us.”