The Welcoming Garden to The Flowered Kingdom - Part One

Hello Everyone, sorry for the long wait had some unexpected things happen this month. But I am pleased to present to you the next Chapter of 'The Ugly Prince', so remember leave a comment or a smiley face, vote and fan :)

                                                   Yours Truly thestoryteller24

Chapter Seventeen

The Welcoming Garden to The Flowered Kingdom

Drake gave her a half-hearted smile his eyes shined warmly at her as he said reassuringly “there is no need to apologise. It cannot be helped, so there is no need to worry we are in safe hands.”

The young woman who had fallen jumped on the spot with a spring in her heels, as her eyebrows shot up as an idea popped into her head by Drake’s words, as a smile spread across her face triumphantly as she seized the chance to redeem herself and the others for their lack of cleanliness and the late welcoming. “That’s right” she said rather enthusiastically “they are in safe hands; there is no need to worry.”

The kind old witch looked at her warmly as she knew what she was trying to do as an apology, and reassure her of their safety for she knew for such a long time of the dangers they all faced. Even though she knew that neither Zella nor any of her minions could enter the realm to cause threat or harm to them, she had sometimes felt unsure and uneasy about leaving them alone for a large amount of time. She looked into the young woman’s big brown eyes full of convincing determination and reassurance, she gave out a relieved sigh feeling rather silly to let her worries cause doubt in her mind. In the forest it was an unexpected shock when Zella’s minion patrolled the area, it had left her tense with worry allowing panic to course through her body, worried for her companion’s and guest’s safety.

She also knew that her absence with give the fairies a chance to clean the cottage in a more homely manner, as well as take care of their guests. She gave all three Housekeepers a warm heart felt smile looking from one to the other before giving a satisfied confident nod to the considerate Drake, and when she saw the misplaced Juliana who stood beside the door not knowing what to do with herself and what was going on. She looked back at Drake as she could sense Juliana’s distress of what to do with herself, without uttering a single word from her lips Drake understood what she trying to saw as he stole a quick glance at the girl who unwarily had his heart nodded back at Rosa. Convinced that she could leave them for a short while in safe trusted hands, she said to them with a satisfied voice “alright then, hopefully I shall be back before it’s late. And I shall leave you in capable hands of our wonderful host. So I will bid you all adjour for now.”

She turned round on the spot as she proceeded to make her way to the front door, the small thin man who had rushed into the cottage in such a panic and tried to clean the household, appeared before her at the door pulling it open with ease for her like a gentleman. Once it was fully open he gave a small courtly bow and gave her a small smile on his small slightly pointed face, as she said to him gratefully for his politeness “thank you, my dear.”

As she walked through the door down the golden path where they had followed only minutes ago, Scrabble slowly closed the door behind her until it shut it a soft click, the room had become nervously silent between them all until their host clapped her hands with a smile on her face looking excited as she asked “where shall we start?”

“I think Brawley should rewash the pots and pans. And the plates and cutlery,” said Scrabble as he looked at the far kitchen wall where he could see the shine less, dull pots and pans hanged.

“What?!” shouted Brawley as he glared at him making Scrabble jump nervously and etch away from him as if he was standing close beside him, “but I’ve already done them already” he continued to say as he stepped away from the relaxing fire heading towards the nervous Scrabble.