Faint Before the King ~ Part One

hello fellow followers and devoted readers here's the next half of the next chapter of the Ugly Prince, remember vote, comment, fan :D 

Chapter Twenty- Two

Faint Before the King                       

The magic had ended a few hours ago, both the fairies and Rosa’s late night enchantments had reverted back to their normal physical appearances. He had heard the hearty Rosa come back late hours after he had put Juliana to bed in her own chambers, after performing the most daring and most nervous stomach twisting act he had ever done in his life. He had pretended to be asleep in his own chambers while Rosa performed a magic that was like no other, one that she only performed when they were staying in this Realm for a short time. It was a spell that changed the very atmosphere of time itself within one space, a spell that shrouded the rays of eternal sunlight into the starry night sky. By bringing the night into the cottage, masking the endless daylight from spilling from the windows; turning the bright walls into the endless scene of the dark night sky with sparkling stars.

He had seen her perform this spell many a time throughout his life time, here in this homely cottage, and yet it never seized to amaze him. For once he had never slept so unregretable in his life from the affectionate action he had committed when he had kissed her, as first he must confess after he had left her chambers moments after he felt overwhelmed with panic. His stomach was in knots as he felt like a nervous wreck from what he had just done, thinking whether it was appropriate to kiss a lady defencelessly in her sleep. The innocence in it all; he started to walk back and forth in the cottage from one end of the open cottage to the other. His mind was in a frazzle as he tried to contemplate whether he should have done such a daring act, as his mind began to reminisce his past reminding him of the lacking nature of never once being accosted with a lady. Nor being near a lady before except for the lovely lady that has captured his heart, how he wished his father didn’t hate him so. He needed the knowledge he never thought was possible to happen to him, he needed that father and son chat. But now that never could be.

But what he had done he felt no regret at all; he abruptly stopped walking between the ladders leading to one another’s chambers. He reached for his lips before he stopped himself as he looked over his shoulder up to her silent chambers, that one moment made him come to a conclusion he had no regret about the kiss he had left on her cheek that was so close to those luscious daring lips that dared him to kiss them. It felt so right, so perfect in every way, so natural. He had felt his stomach ease and untwist itself from its nervous knot, where a new sensation erupted from inside his stomach of unusual but natural fluttering heat.

He then began to calm down and then placed himself into his own chamber and laid down into his own made up bed, where he laid awake blissfully as a smile appeared on his lips. He was still awake by the time Rosa had returned and went to rest herself; and within what seemed like the next hour he fell asleep. He now after he lay awake dazzled by uplifting sunlight as happy as he had ever been in his life, and jumped out of bed to greet the just risen Rosa startling her as he picked her up and swirled her around before leaving her bewildered and caught off guard with his usually or extremely happy self.  

With her tired eyes now wide awake as she was completely startled with confusion as he had finally put her back on her feet after spinning her around the room as she gave out a shriek, as he caught her off guard with a triumphant confident smile as he lowered her down, leaving her slightly dizzy as she wobbled as she tried to balance herself.  While she watched him walk away merrily into the kitchen as she was dazzled by his bright cheerful smile which left her beyond magical bewilderment, she had never seen him this happy before and wondered what had brought this transformation in him. A smile crept up on her lips as she felt happy for him to be this happy and excited, but a thought crossed her mind; what had happened to him? What had transgressed to transform him over night from a low self-esteemed young man into a happy confident young mad? Had something happened yesterday that she was not aware of?