The Wizard and the Witch and a Bottle of Madness

Chapter nine

The wizard and the witch and a bottle of madness

“The witch soon meet her painless end and died alone as she had no family, nor friends but her apprentice, and after the witches death. The young witch started a journey to no- where in particular carrying a colorful, patterned sack, full of books and charms. She walked and walked for months on end seeking shelter every night until summer, doing good deeds as she journeyed. And throughout the months her red hair that had been tamed for so long, had now become free and wild with nature which reminded her of her childhood with her father before he remarried and gave her away to the trade. Her fine clothes had now become dull and ragged, in which it became so badly torn an old couple who she treated to cure them from the aches and pains, gave her their second hand clothes. She looked like herself again she thought, as she had not been able to wear anything that the witch didn’t approve of.

But for many months she reached her very first city, which was the first city she had ever been to, she was told by her father when she was very small that the city was a place for many opportunities, but it is a very dangerous place. In the night the whole town was full of magical lights made by hired wizards of kings and queens. She was amazed at the sights of the tall buildings and the glowing pipes of different colours, and realized the wonders of what magic can create. And as her fascination took control of her, as she went towards the shops which were on the opposite side of the silver brick road. A group of very old energetic witches nearly ran over her as her jump back onto the pavement, as she looked at them as she tried to catch her breath from the fright. As she could smell strong odor of alcohol, as the flew past it was clear to her that they had clearly had a few drinks, as their cheeks were very flushed of pinks an reds, as they laughed uncontrollable, flying at fast speeds on their ancient looking broomsticks.

After the encounter she felt awry of crossing the road as when she looked a upon it again, it was an empty silver road and within a blink of an eye their were many broomsticks and magical coloured boots that could travel anywhere within a flash. The silver road was now full of them which was her change her mind of looking at the shops. She decided to stay on the pavement she was on, until she came a cross a pub called ‘The purple cauldron’, and before she could pass it two huge, bold, ugly drunk men confronted her as the came out of the door. Trapping her like a small mouse, she felt very scared with them infront her trying to talk to her to have a drink with them, even though she politely declined she felt a cold chill go down her spine just looking at them, as she felt a strain on her nick looking up at them. They kept persisting her still, and each time she gave the same answer, and with a little courage she tried to go past them as she wanted to get away and as one of the huge men grabbed her arm. He was suddenly turned into a even more ugly green frog with red spots, he was so tiny that he now didn’t look as much as a threat then the two men put together. The other man who first became scared seeing his friend become a frog now crocking on thee ground, had now become aggressive, shouting at the young girl “did you do this?!”

The young girl waved her head she was almost as surprised as he was, until a voice shouted back from behind the man. “It wasn’t her it was me”, said the person behind him.

The huge man turned around slowly and when he did right infront of him was a tall pointy blue hat, with different coloured shapes on it, and when he looked down. It was a young drunken boy, with ginger hair and a bridge of golden freckles on his nose. His eyes were light green and were going everywhere as he was so drunk. The huge man gave a long out bursting laugh as he thought it was a joke, and when the huge man bent his knees going face to face to the young drunk boy. The huge man who kept flicking at the boy while he laughed while saying have a sentence. Said “so how can a twerp like you….. do something like this don’t waste my time kid. Beat it before I cobber you one”.