A Pursuing Darkness Awaits a Destination ~ Part Two

A Pursuing Darkness Awaits a Destination ~ part two

Hours slowly passed, like always; being within the addictive immortal world had taken its toll,as it was challenging to try and become attuned with the natural flow of evident time. Throughout the time of sheltered peace she had much to dwell on concerning matters, as she had felt a rift within nature’s natural rhythm. It was evident that she had something to do with all this; distorting and frightening natures very core. But all she could do for now was wait and take Arland’s advice and it would not be long as she knew that dusk was already here, it would only be one more hour or so and nightfall would give them all the coverage they needed to make a safe unseen journey back home.

Within the last hour Rosa had checked on her sleeping companions for a final time before opening the hilltop to venture forth, she realised that Drake was already verging from his slumber as he tossed and turned frequently it would not be long until he was fully awake. When the time came she re-opened the hilltop allowing them re-entry into the dark desolate meadow, with the dark night sky set into place she drives the unicorns forward into the spacious meadow. The carriage had transformed back into its original old, rustic and ancient self, its fine and beautiful shell gone. The only things that remained in place was the lanterns although their black smooth paint now was peeling and chipped, and it wasn’t long before she could hear the sound of movement within the carriage as the meadow was blissfully silent.

Making a smooth slow halt she waited patiently on the perch the reins ready within her hands, until the click and slight squeak of the carriage door opened where the carriage leaned over slightly to one side before quickly bouncing back to normal. The was a slight pause at that second as she didn’t hear the door close, she slide over slightly to one side where faced the front of the carriage wall behind her and silently knocked on the wall. Where two small wooden shutters appeared where she dug in her fingers into its centre partially opening them just enough for her to peer through, inside like always had remained the same and Juliana still remained fast asleep although instantly she noticed something out of place that caught her eye. Like always she knew that Drake had always draped over his red velvety cloak over her when she was asleep, but it was that tender, completely loving look in his eyes when he looked down at her. As if he wished not to leave her, etching her sweetness into his mind as he finally closed the door, while his eyes stayed on her until the door was finally closed. Instantly she jumped back closing the shutters quickly as possible without making a sound, as she jumped back into the middle of the perch as Drake came round the front of the carriage.

“Are you alright?” he asked when he saw her slightly dishevelled self.

“I am fine my child, how was your sleep?” she asked trying to act normally as she shifted over once more to allow him to sit beside her, as she waited for him to climb to the perch.

“Good as always” he answered as he reached to the perch and settled down beside of her, as the carriage began to trot forward once more.

Minutes passed and silence followed, the more a quiet moment passed; the more anxious she became as she tried to bite her smiling lips to stop her from blurting out a question that still remained unanswered and still remained on her mind. She must be crafty if she was going to ask and hope for a hopeful answer from him as she tried to compose herself from laughing. “So, you never did tell me what happened?” she said as she looked at him from the corner of her eye while forcing back a smile.