The Secret plans of the Grumpy Fairy - Part One

Sorry for the very long wait, hope you all enjoy this two part chapter, so remember vote, fan or leave a comment. thestoryteller24 :)

Chapter Nineteen

The Secret plans of the Grumpy Fairy

Crispy crunchiness of beautiful autumn coloured leaves and twigs crippled and crumbled under her feet as she walked along the small bronze narrow path, it was unusually beautiful to walk along one of those fascinating short spectacle seasons to feel the absence of the bitter cold breeze of change but the fine warmth of caressing spring. The feeling was inspirational of being a part of two seasons in between frozen colliding time of beauty, when does one ever get the opportunity to be in such harmony of richness of colours as well as devouring the colours of their warmth. The scenery around her was spacious and peaceful secluded and free from interruptions, as she watched and marvelled on her journey of tiny wildlife skittering about from under the carpet of leaves, remerging from their homes sniffing about forging for easy food before quickly scampering off back. There were many of an adorable hedgehog, robin and squirrels scurrying about lively unafraid of her presence as they went about their business.

She took her time indulging in such a sweet magical sensation as she walked on the golden bronze path passing many a giant tree, covering the warm lit sky with their thousand sunrise coloured leaves. This was the most extraordinary small part or a larger endless world, it was a shame that there was so little of this place which seemed to seclude in on itself separating from the full scenery of spring. It was a drastic change like biting into a toffee apple where you expectedly already know the taste of the toffee before it reaches your mouth, but as soon as you bite into the apple its sweet crispness burst overwhelming in your mouth taking you by surprise. And this was exactly was she was experiencing while giving herself away on its warm crispiness which reminded her of that bittersweet crisp apple, and then experiencing that deliciousness of spring which was full of rich colours exploding with wild fragrances of wildflowers, which reminded her of the toffee where it irresistibly entrances your senses with a remember able harmonic remedy taste.

She followed on the path as she tried to imagine what friend of Mary- Gold’s lives in such a wondrous place, and what sort of person her friend what like or whether she was exactly like Mary-Gold. She recalled what Mary-Gold had said about her dear friend living this place all on her own, who only has Mary-Gold, and perhaps Scrabble and Brawley for friends. ‘She must be lonely’ she thought as she tried to imagine what she might look like, as she gently swung the basket as she looked along thinking while gazing into the golden bronze path. ‘Perhaps she looks similar to Mary-Gold? Or perhaps she is colourful like the other Flowers Fairies? She thought ‘but then again she did mention like she didn’t like other fairies, other than Mary-Gold, Scrabble and Brawley of course.’

It wasn’t long until she noticed the ground beneath her feet as she came to a sudden halt thinking whether she had strayed from the path before noticing the slight change to its appearance as the shining bronze path had dulled in glistening shine and its shade slightly dark. Surrounded with light brown twigs and rich brown pinecombs littered about as the path had come to an abrupt end, she looked up and saw a single large twisted willow tree such like the description she was given. She looked closely at the willow tree’s features to determine whether it was magical of different in anyway, but disappointingly found none at first she thought that perhaps the path continued behind it as she climbed over its thick hunching roots and found nothing as she climbed back round. Now back at the front of the tree she began to feel slightly panicked as she didn’t see anyone in sight or a door to she might be able to deliver it, but then another thought made her panic worsen as Mary-Gold had never given the name of her friend. Not being able to knock on a door or call a name made her unsure of what to do next but at the corner of her eye she found something that looked out of place in a wooden shape of the letter ‘u’. Following the corner of her eye she found just that hanging from a thick black twinge from the long curved stingy branches, but as she looked closer it was it was in fact a wooden horseshoe.