Chapter 25 "You're Very Demanding"

Shaylynn starts walking through the smoke.
She clears the first two rooms she comes to finding no one in them.
Slowly walking down a hallway, she looks in each room. Like the first two, there's no one in them.
Lifting up her mask some she radios out, "Any idea on the number of worshippers?"
A few seconds later she hears "Forty," come from Luce.
Shaylynn thinks where could they be along with Truck and Engine.
She starts walking down the hallways again when she hears footsteps coming toward her.
By the sound, she can tell they're wearing boots.
Taking cover in a room, she watches around the door frame to see if the guy passes by the door.
Slowly but surely he finally walks past.
Putting down her rifles and handguns, she pulls out a knife she has attached to her belt.
Quietly, she makes her way out of the room and up behind the man. Simultaneously, she puts her left hand around his head to pull up his chin, while she cuts his throat with the knife in her right hand.
He starts to drop to the floor, Shaylynn helping him down so he doesn't make a lot of noise.
Once on the floor, his eyes close. She reaches down to check for a pulse, nothing.
Taking his guns, Shaylynn heads back to the room to retrieve her rifles and handguns.
After putting them on her shoulders and back in her pockets, she heads out of the room and back down the hallway.
Again, every room she comes to are empty, then she hears a shot ring out pissing her off.
Determining which way it came from, she starts walking in that direction.
"Shaylynn, are you alright?" she hears Luce radio to her.
She stops and lifts her mask, "I'm fine," she tells him and continues.

Coming to another door, she looks through the window to see it's one big room.
Along a wall she sees some worshippers on their knees bent forward with their heads near the floor and their hands on their heads. That's when she notices the worshippers she sees, there's no way forty are in there.
With the worshippers, she sees turnout gear then she sees it, the name Casey on a turnout coat.
Shaylynn can feel her face heating up. She looks around but doesn't see the second guy, that is until he walks in front of the door blocking her view.
Walking back away from the door, she picks up her mask, "Can you confirm there are only two armed guys in here?" she radios out.
"That information is unconfirmed," she hears back.
"Perfect!" she says to herself putting her mask back down.
Sitting her guns on the floor, she takes her knife back out and starts walking back to the door. She can't take a chance discharging a weapon in case there's another guy holding more hostages.
Shaylynn looks through the window again to see where the guy is. He's moved forward some but basically still in the same spot.
Gently and quietly opening the door toward her, she quickly walks in and does the same thing to this guy she did to the first one.
Once he's on the floor, she takes his weapons from him.
With no smoke in the room Shaylynn takes off her mask, "Alright everyone get up!" she tells them.
Everyone sits up and looks back, shocked to see Shaylynn standing there.
Alicia takes a sigh of relief as Casey gets a big smile on his face.
Everyone stands up and hurries over to her, "I'm going to get you all out but you have to be quiet!" she tells them looking at everyone counting the worshippers, "Where's Engine?" she asks looking at Casey.
"Don't know," he tells her.
"So there is a third guy in here," she says.
Casey shakes his head 'yes'.
"Alright," she says putting the guy's weapons over her shoulder, "Stay here while I pick something up."
Shaylynn hurries to where her weapons are on the floor in the hallway.
She quickly makes her way back, "Bringing out twenty worshippers and Truck, North doors," Shaylynn radios out, "Let's go!" she tells everyone.
She walks in front of them to a corner, looking down the hallway she doesn't see anyone, "GO!" she tells them.
She provides cover for them as the worshippers run past her toward the doors.
Alicia and the others for Truck make their way past Shaylynn as Casey stops and looks at her.
Shaylynn looks and makes eye contact with him when shots ring out, "GO!" Shaylynn yells at him as she rips her mask off.
She turns around and starts firing at the guy as Casey runs out.
The other members of SWAT are there to meet him and get him to safety, "I'm not leaving her!" Casey tells them.
He and the SWAT members take cover behind a wall. 

Inside, Shaylynn's exchanging gunfire with the third guy

After five minutes of exchanging gunfire, Shaylynn's had enough. She steps out from behind the corner and starts walking toward him firing the entire way with him getting a few shots off until he makes a critical mistake stepping out too far.
Shaylynn aims and shoots him in the head.
His body slamming to the floor.
"Threat neutralized!" Shaylynn radios out.
The SWAT members leave Casey and storm in.

Eight minutes later, the other twenty worshippers are walking out with Engine behind them.
Casey's standing back by Truck with Alicia and the others keeping an eye out for Shaylynn to walk out.
Once the worshippers and Engine are down the steps, Casey sees Shaylynn walking out the doors.
He takes off running toward her.
When he reaches her he puts his hands on her face and starts kissing her passionately.
"Jay's done and forgotten," Alicia says to herself as she smiles.

Most of the Intelligence Unit starts walking up the sidewalk to where Casey and Shaylynn are.
Hank stops, "Are you alright?" he asks Shaylynn.
"I'm fine," she tells him.
Hank nods at her then starts walking toward the mosque.
She sees Halstead walking toward her but turns her focus to Casey and starts kissing him.
"You need to get look over," Casey tells her turning around and waves Brett and Foster over.
"I said I'm fine," Shaylynn tells him as Brett and Foster walk up.
"For me," Casey says to her.
Shaylynn smiles, "For you."
Brett starts touching Shaylynn's right arm working her way up to her shoulder. She then moves over to her left arm working her way up to Shaylynn's left shoulder when she flinches.
Brett looks at Foster who gets into her bag pulling out a pair of scissors. Cutting Shaylynn's shirt from the neck down to her shoulder, Brett sees a gunshot wound.
"Fine, uh?" Brett says to her.
Shaylynn stares at her, "I've been shot so many times, they're like get a bee sting by now."
Casey stares at Shaylynn, "Let's go!" Brett tells her pointing to the Ambulance.
"You're very demanding!" Shaylynn tells Brett smiling at her.
"This is the only time I can boss you around without you beating my ass!" Brett tells Shaylynn laughing some.
Shaylynn starts laughing as they walk to the Ambulance with Casey behind them.
When they get to the Ambulance, Boden walks over, "Casey, you go ahead and go to Med with Shaylynn."
Casey nods at Boden and gets up into the Ambulance with Shaylynn and starts kissing her.
Brett is about ready to get up inside when she sees Casey and Shaylynn kissing, "I think I'll ride in the cab with Foster," she tells Boden closing the doors.
Boden smiles as Brett makes her way to the passenger side of the cab.
Once Brett's in, Foster drives off.

~~~~~~~

Alicia Halstead belongs to ChloeOgradyXo