Chapter 8 "Stay Out Of My Life"

The next morning, shift's over.
Shaylynn and Casey are walking down the driveway holding hands as the others walk up for their shift.
They walk past them, then do a double take to see if they saw what they think they saw.
Walking over to Shaylynn's car, she unlocks the door then opens it, "Do you want to come by my place?" Casey asks her.
"I have some errands to run. It will have to be later," she tells him.
"You know what, let's go to Molly's," Casey tells her.
"Are you sure?" Shaylynn asks him.
"Yes! Everyone knows about us. I want to be seen with you," he tells her, "I'll see you there around eight."
He gives her a kiss and walks over to his truck.
Shaylynn watches him walk away, "Most people know about us," she says to herself then gets in her car.

~~~~~~

Pulling up to the Silos, Hank is already there.
Shaylynn gets out of her car and walks up to him, "Well," he says.
"I heard Gorsch talking to someone about paying them to start fires. The warehouse yesterday was set by someone else. Whoever had stuff in there was manufacturing heroin. I could smell the chemicals burning. They were manufacturing bombs as well," she tells him.
"And how do you know they were manufacturing bombs?" Hank asks her.
"It was the same smell that Marshall had on his body. And since I've built them myself, you never forget the smell," she says.
"We've been checking Gorsch's phone records and haven't found anything unusual. All of his calls either go to Grissom or his wife," Hank tells her.
"He must have been using a burner phone then," Shaylynn says, "What do you want me to do now?" she asks him.
"Get close to him," Hank tells her.
Shaylynn looks at him with a disgusted look, "EEEEWWWW! NO!" she tells him.
"Your Firefighter won't like it?" Hank asks her.
"Dad, don't start!" Shaylynn tells him, "Just because your so-called daughter left you behind and dumped Jay to go to New York doesn't mean you can treat me like shit! No, I wasn't around but that wasn't my fault! You and Mom never married, she found someone who took us away. What was I supposed to do, leave? I was a child! I grew up, joined the Marines, became a Sniper, then became part of the Special Forces while you were back here being a babysitter to a drug addict! You act like I'm the one who grew up and did the bad shit!" she says pissed off, "So, if I'm sleeping with a Firefighter that's my business, not yours!"
Shaylynn starts walking away.
"You and Jay were supposed to get married!" Hank tells her.
Stopping, she turns around, "Jay never wanted to get married! I don't know what he has told you but he just wanted to have fun! Things will never be the same between him and I!" she tells him, "Dad, I'm happy, why can't you be happy for me? Because I think I might have found the one!"
Hank lets out a little laugh, "Kelly Severide will never settle down!" he tells her.
Hearing this pisses her off, "It's not Kelly! It's Matt!" she tells him wishing she hadn't.
"You're dating Matt Casey?!" Hank questions with a surprised look on his face.
Shaylynn walks closer to him, "Yes! And you better not do anything to fuck it up thinking I'll get back with Jay! Because it will never happen!"
She starts walking away back to her car.
Getting in she starts it up and drives off leaving Hank standing there.

~~~~~~~

Hours later there's a knock on Casey's door.
Walking to it, he smiles thinking to himself it's Shaylynn.
He opens the door to find Hank standing there, "We need to talk," Hank tells him.
Casey moves to the side so Hank can come in.
"What do you want to talk about?" Casey asks him as he shuts the door.
"Shaylynn," Hank tells him turning around.
"What about her?" Casey asks.
"I want you to stay away from her!" Hank says, "She's meant to be with someone else!"
Hearing Hank say that pisses Casey off, "You don't intimidate me, Hank! She's with me! And the only way I'll stop seeing her is if she tells me she doesn't want to see me anymore!" Casey tells him.

"I want you to stay away from her!" Hank says, "She's meant to be with someone else!"Hearing Hank say that pisses Casey off, "You don't intimidate me, Hank! She's with me! And the only way I'll stop seeing her is if she tells me she doesn't want t...

Someone To Love, Finding Love In Chicago (Chicago Fire/Matt Casey)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara