Chapter 11 "Brew Kettle"

The next shift is getting ready to begin.
Severide is standing outside talking to Cruz when Casey pulls up.
"I thought for sure he and Shaylynn would arrive together," Severide tells Cruz before Cruz walks away.
Casey gets out of his truck and walks up the driveway.

"Is everything okay?" Severide asks Casey

Casey looks at him, "Yeah, everything's fine. Why?"
"Well, I just figured you and Shaylynn would show up together," Severide says.
"She had four guys at her house and then she had some things to do so I haven't seen her since the morning I took her home," Casey says walking away.
Severide gets a confused look on his face, he starts following Casey, "She had four guys at her house and you're alright with that?"
"Yeah, she told me who they were after I picked her up that night. She stayed the night with me but wanted to be home early the next morning in enough time to see the guys off. They were on an overnight layover before flying out of the country," Casey tells him as they walk through the Firehouse to the locker room, "She introduced me to them that morning when I dropped her off. She worked with them before coming to Chicago. They see her as their sister. When I picked her up that night, they were watching my every move."
Severide just looks at Casey, "Sounds creepy!" he says.
"They're four guys I wouldn't want to piss off and then meet in a dark alley," Casey tells Severide.
Cruz walks into the locker room, "Casey, Severide, Chief wants to see you guys in his office."
Casey starts walking out of the locker room with Severide behind him.

Both men walk up to Boden's office and knock, "Yeah, come in," Boden tells them.
"What's up, Chief?" Casey asks as he and Severide walk in.
"Well, first I hear congratulations is in order," Boden says to Casey.
Casey smiles, "Thanks!" he says.
"The other thing is I received a call from Hank saying that two World War II bombs have been stolen. The military was transporting them through Chicago being very low key but they were still stolen. CPD feels it was an inside job. Since they're from World War II they are highly unstable if they get into the wrong hands so we were asked to keep our eyes open for them when out on calls. Plus to be cautious, " Boden tells them.
There's a knock at the door, Casey and Severide turn to see it's Shaylynn, Boden waves her in, "Tony said you wanted to see me," she says to Boden.
"Yes," Boden says smiling, "Congratulations, first of all," he says to her.
"Thank you!" Shaylynn tells him looking at Casey smiling, "Was that all?" she asks.
"No, I received a call from Hank about two World War II bombs being stolen and he asked me to tell you," Boden tells her.
"Okay. Are we supposed to keep our eyes open for them?" she questions.
"Yes," Boden says.
"Alright," Shaylynn says getting ready to walk out.
"One more thing," Boden says, Shaylynn stops, "Why would Hank want you to know about these bombs for?"
"If we happen to come across them, I can defuse them," she tells him as she turns around and walks out of his office.
Casey and Boden stand there in shock watching her as Severide turns looking at Casey.