Chapter 9 "She's With You, Not Your Truck"

Waking up the next morning, Shaylynn looks around and smiles.
She rolls over to see Casey walk into the room. 

"Seeing that you came here in lingerie, we'll have to stay in for breakfast," he says to her

Shaylynn smiles as she sits up some and grabs his coffee mug, she then sits it down on the bedside table, "Fine with me!" she says pulling him down onto the bed.

An hour later, Shaylynn gets up out of bed.
Casey watches her as she puts on one of his old Lieutenant shirts.

"I really thought I wasn't going to see you again," Casey tells her

"Why's that? Because of Antonio?" Shaylynn asks.
"Yes! What he did was out of the line!" he tells her.
"I agree! It's just some people can't let go of the past," she tells him, "Your ex-wife won't be popping up will she?"
"I doubt it! Last time I knew she was still in Puerto Rico," Casey says, "I did have a visit from your Dad yesterday."
Shaylynn sighs and rolls her eyes, "What did he want?" she asks him in a pissed off tone.
"He wants me to stay away from you," Casey tells her.
Shaylynn crawls onto the bed, "Matt, I can understand if you don't want to see me anymore because of him. He can be very intimidating," she says.
Casey props himself up on an arm, "That's just it, he doesn't intimidate me," he tells her.
She smiles at him, "You're the first guy who has ever said that to me about my Dad. Do you mind if I wear this home?" she asks about his shirt.
"No, are you leaving already?" he asks her.
"Yeah, I have family coming into town. That's the reason why I have next shift off," Shaylynn tells him.
Casey looks at her depressed not liking the idea of not seeing her, "I'd love to meet them," he tells her.
Shaylynn smiles at him.
"What relation are they to Hank?" Casey asks.
"This is my Mom's side," she says looking at the clock, "I better hurry up! I have just enough time to go home to get some clothes on and make it to O'Hare in time to pick them up," she tells him.
Shaylynn walks around the bed, bends over, and kisses Casey, "I love you," she tells him.
Casey smiles at her, "I love you too," he says.
Shaylynn smiles at him then turns and walks out the door.
After a minute, Casey hears the front door close.

~~~~~~~

Four months have gone by.
Seeing that Shaylynn's in love with Casey, she came clean with him about why she's really at 51.
He wasn't happy to hear this but seeing how he hates Gorsch and is in love with her, he forgives her.
She then comes clean with Boden and the rest of the Firehouse telling them what she's doing.
That she really was hired by the CFD and all her qualifications are real. That she didn't lie about any of that.
Now since they know, they can't say anything to anyone so it doesn't get back to Hank that they know or to Gorsch that Shaylynn is watching him.