Chapter 4 "Needed A Change"

The next day it's the start of a new shift at the Firehouse.
Squad is sitting out at their table with Casey standing there talking to them when Shaylynn pulls up.
Looking outside, Severide sees what she's driving.

Severide looks at Casey and smiles as he gets up out of his chair

Severide looks at Casey and smiles as he gets up out of his chair. He starts walking outside to meet up with Shaylynn as she walks up the driveway.
"Oh no! Turn right back around!" Severide tells her as he walks past her and toward her car.
Shaylynn turns around and walks up to Severide, "Is something wrong?" she asks him.
"Your car," Severide says.
Great! Not him too! she thinks to herself, "What about it?" she asks Severide.
"Why aren't we in it taking a ride?" he asks her with a smile on his face, "I had a 67' Camaro that got torched. I've missed driving it!" he tells her.
Shaylynn smiles at Severide throwing him the keys, "Then you drive!" she tells him.
She opens the passenger side door and looks up the driveway to see Casey standing there, he winks at her.

Shaylynn gets in the car as Severide starts it up. Once she's in, he drives off.

Driving down the street, Shaylynn sees Severide has a huge smile on his face, "So you and Casey!" he says to her.
"Excuse me?" she says.
"You and Casey," he says again.
"I don't know what you're talking about," Shaylynn says.
"Shaylynn, it's fine!" he tells her, "I saw that wink he gave you because he wasn't winking at me! He must have had one hell of a night because he has been walking around the Firehouse with that smile on his face and on cloud nine since he arrived. Show him a good time did you?" Severide says with a sly grin on his face.
"KELLY!" Shaylynn says to him.
Severide starts laughing, "Hey, that's Squad! We go extreme or go home! You're going to fit in just fine!"
"Oh my God!" Shaylynn says shaking her head as Severide parks where they were before they left.
"We better get inside," Severide tells her getting out as she does the same.
He walks around the car and hands her back the keys, "Thanks for letting me drive your car!" he tells her.
"Anytime!" Shaylynn tells him as she gets her bag back out from the backseat.
She quickly walks up the driveway so she can hurry up and get changed.

Once she walks into the Firehouse she sees everyone is there and dressed, so she sprints back to the locker room.
Opening her locker, she takes out her uniform, then pushes her bag inside.
Taking off her shirt and jeans, she quickly puts them into her locker. As she gets ready to bend over to put her pants on, arms go around her waist and she feels a kiss on her neck.
She turns around to look at Casey, "Didn't I tell you we need to keep this on the down low," she says to him putting on her pants.
After she fastens her pants, Casey pushes her against the locker and kisses her.
He pulls his head away, "I can't stop thinking about last night!" he tells her.
Shaylynn can hear walking, "Someone's coming!" she says pushing him away then hurries and puts her shirt on.
Walking around the corner is a woman, "Hey, Captain! Chief told me I'm supposed to put on my Truck uniform," she says to Casey.
"Yeah, the new paramedic arrived last shift," Casey tells her, "Alicia, this is Shaylynn Voight. Shaylynn, this is Alicia Halstead."
Shaylynn nods at Alicia, "I better get to my office and see what paperwork awaits," Casey says looking at Shaylynn smiling.
He then walks out of the locker room.
"What brings you to the CFD?" Alicia asks Shaylynn.
"I needed a change," Shaylynn tells her.
"You needed a change or to get away from Jay?" Alicia asks.
"Both!" Shaylynn tells her.
"I thought you two were going to make it, I was so wrong. What happened?" Alicia asks while putting her stuff in her locker.
"He wanted to keep 'having fun'. I've had my fun and now I want to find someone to settle down with. Jay told me he wasn't ready, so I ended the relationship. Why should I waste my time in a relationship with someone who doesn't want the same thing as me," Shaylynn tells her.
"I don't blame you one bit!" Alicia tells her.
"I can't believe you're here," Shaylynn says, "I thought you liked Seattle."
"I needed a change as well," Alicia tells her.