Chapter 2 "She's Mine"

"Matt, we should stop," Shaylynn tells him.
Casey stops messing with her bra and steps back, "I'm sorry!" he says to her.
"There's no reason to be sorry," Shaylynn tells him, "At least I know you're interested in me," she says smiling, "At least I think you're interested in me?"
Casey smiles at her, "You would be right!"
He walks over to the couch and sits down, "You know I don't even know your last name," Casey says to her.
"Really?" Shaylynn says, "I thought you did. I figured you would have looked it up."
Casey laughs, "I was but the paperwork started piling up," he tells her.
"It's Voight," she tells him.
Casey gets a surprised look on his face, "Excuse me?" he questions.
"My last name, it's Voight," Shaylynn says walking over to the couch and sitting down.
"Any relation to Hank Voight?" Casey asks with a look on his face.
"Yes, he's my father," she says.
"Really?" Casey asks.
Shaylynn looks at him oddly, "Yes, why are you acting so strange?" she asks him.
"Nothing," Casey says.
"It has to be something or you wouldn't have acted as you did," Shaylynn says.
"Your Dad and I didn't see eye to eye some time ago but now everything's fine," he tells her.
Shaylynn starts laughing, "My Dad doesn't see eye to eye with A LOT of people! So I'll understand if you don't want to see me anymore," she says standing up.
"Hey! I didn't say that now did I!" Casey says grabbing her hand.
There's a knock at Casey's door, he rolls his eyes, then gets up to answer it.
Opening it he sees Severide standing there, "Are you okay?" Severide asks.
"Yes," Casey tells him, "Come in!"
Severide walks in and closes the door.
He starts following Casey to see Shaylynn standing in the room.
Severide looks at Casey and smiles, "She was making sure I was okay before leaving," Casey tells Severide.
Severide keeps smiling and nods some more.
"I'm going to go," Shaylynn says, "Good night, Lieutenant," she says to Severide.
Severide shakes his head, "Off duty please call me Kelly," he tells her.
Shaylynn smiles, "Will do! I'll see you two later!" she says.
"I'll walk you to the door," Casey says following behind her.
They get to the door and Casey opens it for her.
Before she has a chance to walk out, he kisses her, "I shouldn't have done that!" he tells her.
Shaylynn puts her hand behind his head and pulls him to her for another kiss.
"I better go before Kelly wonders what's taking you so long," she tells Casey kissing him one more time.
She then walks out the door.
Casey closes it with a big smile on his face.
He walks back to where Severide is to see he has a big smile on his face, "What?" Casey asks him.
"You like Shaylynn!" Severide says.
"What? No," Casey says to him.
"Matt, you forgot about that mirror!" Severide says pointing to the mirror on the wall that the front door can be seen in.
"Kelly..." Casey starts to say.
"Hey, I'm not going to say anything! You deserve to be happy! Since, well you know, Shaylynn has been the first woman you've seemed to be interested in. But you do know she's Hank Voight's daughter, don't you?" Severide asks.
"Yes, I know. She just told me," Casey tells him.
"If you don't have a problem with that then that's great! You need to get on with your life!" Severide says, "Just remember she's mine during shifts!"
Casey gives Severide a look, Severide starts laughing, "You know what I mean!"

~~~~~~

The next night at Molly's, Shaylynn is sitting at a table by herself waiting to see if Casey shows up when a man approaches her.
"Well! Well! If it isn't the trader!" he says.
"Go away, Rodriguez!" Shaylynn tells him as another man tries to pull him away.
"Oh no! You left the CPD to go to the CFD! That's being a trader!" he tells her.
Shaylynn quickly stands up, all of the commotion catches everyone's attention in the bar.
"It's because of cops like you is the reason why I left! So I wouldn't kick your ass!" she tells him getting pissed off, "Seeing that you're not on duty, I could kick your ass now!"
"Whoa! There will be no ass kicking tonight!" Halstead says getting in between her and Rodriguez.
"I don't need you saving me, Jay!" Shaylynn tells him.
"Who says I'm saving you!" Halstead tells her.
"I'm not afraid of a woman!" Rodriguez says.
The man that's with him tries to pull him away again as Ruzek, Antonio, and Atwater walk over, "You should be scared! She can and will kick your ass!" Antonio tells Rodriguez, "Head home!"
Rodriguez glares at Antonio. He then walks around the group and out of Molly's.
"I didn't need for you guys to butt in!" Shaylynn tells the four.
"Someone had to protect Rodriguez from his stupidity!" Antonio says smiling at her, "How's fire treating you?" he asks as the other guys stand around.
"Good!" she tells him, "But I have to confess and it's going to sound weird but I miss dodging bullets."
All the guys start laughing at her, "Ha, ha! Laugh it up you four!"
Antonio, Ruzek, and Atwater walk away, "Do you want to come over tonight?" Halstead asks her.
"No," Shaylynn tells him.
"Why not?" he asks her.
"Because you made it known that you're not ready to settle down. I'm tired! I'm tired of dating! I've had my fun since Marshall passed away, now I would like to find someone to settle down with!" she tells him.
Halstead shakes his head and walks away from her table.

Shaylynn keeps watching the door but Casey never walks in.
Depressed, Shaylynn starts messing with her phone until she receives a text message.

555-432-8765: Come outside and behind Molly's

Shaylynn furrows her brow....

Who is this?

555-432-8765: Just come outside.....

Shaylynn tilts her head to the side at the last message.
Picking up her bag, she puts it over her shoulder as she stands up.
Walking out the door, she turns the way to get behind Molly's.
The closer she gets, she unsnaps her holster getting ready.
Before she knows it someone grabs her and pulls her into the alley.
She's pushed up against the wall then sees it's Casey before he starts kissing her.
"Someone might see us!" Shaylynn tells him pushing him away.
"Then let's go somewhere!" Casey says smiling.
"Let's go!" Shaylynn says grabbing his hand pulling him toward her car.
Once they reach her car, Casey stops, "What's wrong?" Shaylynn asks him.
"That's a Ferrari!" he tells her.
"Yes, is something wrong?" she asks him.
"That's a FERRARI!" Casey says again.
"Matt, you already said that," Shaylynn tells him.
"I just remembered I have something to do," he tells her, then walks away.
Shaylynn watches him walk away with a dumbfounded look on her face, "Matt!" she yells out but he doesn't turn around.
"Shaylynn," says a familiar voice from behind her, she turns around to see Severide standing there, "Is everything okay?" he asks her.
She turns around to look at Casey who's still walking away, "I guess," she says.
"Does this have to do with you and Matt?" Severide asks her.
"I don't know what you mean," Shaylynn tells him.
"Shaylynn, I saw what happened last night at the door," he tells her.
She looks down at the ground, "Yes, this has to do with Matt. We were going to go somewhere, that was until I brought him over to my car. Then all of a sudden he has something to do."
"He's had a lot on his mind. I'm sure it's nothing," Severide tells her, "I'll talk to you later."
Severide quickly walks away.
Turning around, Shaylynn walks to the driver's side and gets in.
She starts up the car, pulls out of the parking spot and speeds away going right past Casey who's sitting in his truck.
The passenger side door to Casey's truck opens up.
Severide jumps in and closes the door, "What the hell is wrong with you?" he asks Casey, "You could have been going back to Shaylynn's place right now but here you are sitting in your truck!"
"Did you see her car?" Casey asks him.
"Yeah, what about it?" Severide asks him.
"It's a Ferrari!" Casey says giving Severide a look, "Look at what I drive!"
"Really, Matt! You're going to keep yourself from getting close to her because of what she drives?" Severide questions.
"With a car like that she has to be high maintenance!" Casey says.
Severide starts laughing, "Do you really think a high maintenance woman is going to work for the CFD, run into fires, and save people while getting dirty? Why don't you go to her place and talk to her!"
"I don't know her address," Casey tells Severide.
Severide pulls out his phone, Casey's phone then lets out an alert that he has a text message.
Casey unlocks his phone to look at the text message, "You have her address?"
"Yes, I know where all my people live," Severide tells him.
"I can't go!" Casey tells him.
Severide shakes his head, "Do you like her?"
Casey shakes his head 'yes'.
"Do you see yourself possibly falling in love with her?" Severide asks.
Casey looks at him, "Yes!"
"Then go! If you don't, you're going to kick yourself in the ass and always wonder what could've happened!" Severide tells him opening the door and getting out, "GO!" he tells Casey trying to motivate him.