Chapter 23 "Why Are You Here"

~~~~I said I was only going to be updating three books over the Holiday season.  But I remembered I had started this chapter and included some Christmas in it that I wanted to finish it and get it posted.  I will be returning to the original three I said I would update after this is posted.~~~~

Parking, Shaylynn sees Naomi standing at her door. It looks like she's trying to find the right key to unlock the door.
A shadow moves behind Naomi, a man comes up behind and puts a gun to her back.
Scaring her, Naomi starts to shake, "What do you want?" she asks him.
"For you to stop your shit!" he tells her.
"I don't know what you mean," Naomi says almost in tears.
"You know exactly what I'm talking about, bitch! Keep your damn nose out of where it doesn't belong!" the man tells her, "Oh shit!" he says.
"Put your gun down," Shaylynn tells him.
Naomi hears a woman's voice and turns around to see Shaylynn with her gun pointed at the man's head, "Call 9-1-1 and ask for the Intelligence Unit to be sent," Shaylynn tells her.
Naomi quickly gets in her bag and pulls out her phone.
"Drop your gun," Shaylynn tells the guy.
He drops his gun to the ground, Shaylynn kicks it away.
Soon Hank and Antonio pull up, they walk up to Shaylynn, "He was threatening her," she tells them, "His gun is over there"
Antonio walks over and picks up the man's gun.
"He was sent here by the people who make the faulty trailers," Naomi tells Hank.
"Alright," Hank says as Antonio puts handcuffs on the guy.
Both of them walk the guy over to the car, put him in, and drive off.
"Thank you," Naomi tells Shaylynn.
Shaylynn glares at her, "What I said at Molly's still stands! Don't call, text, whatever, Matt or I'll fuck you up!" she tells Naomi.
"But you just saved me from that guy," Naomi says.
"I did what was right," Shaylynn says, "Anyways if someone's going to kill you, it's going to me!"
Shaylynn turns around and starts walking away as Naomi watches her with a surprised look on her face.

~~~~~

Over the course of the next couple of days, Casey can't wait for the shift to end.
He can't wait to go home to see Shaylynn and the girls.

The shift is finally over.
Casey rushes to change and quickly makes his way out of the Firehouse.
"Hey!" he hears coming from behind him.
He turns around to see Severide walking his way, "What's the rush?" he asks Casey.
"Shaylynn told me to come home after shift," Casey says smiling.
Severide smiles back at him, "That's great man! Especially with it being around the holidays. I'm glad you two made up before Christmas. With this being Angelique and Dominique's first Christmas and all. I'll let you go."
Casey smiles, "See ya, Kelly!" he says walking over to his truck.
He gets in and drives off.
Severide stands there and thinks about what was going through his head that time he was standing with Shaylynn outside her bedroom.

~~~~~~~

Pulling into the driveway, Casey tries to open the garage door but it doesn't open.
He figures Shaylynn changed the code after everything happened between them.
He gets out of his truck and starts walking to the front door.
Passing by a side entrance, Casey sees Shaylynn has some Christmas decorations up and possibly a tree inside.