Chapter 15 "So Happy"

Over the last couple of days, Casey has been moving his stuff into Shaylynn's house before the wedding.
Every night before bed Shaylynn starts crying wondering if Hank is even going to show up for the wedding to walk her down the aisle.

The next day while driving to his place to get the remaining few things of his, Casey's had enough.
Stopping at the District, Casey finds out that Hank is at a different District helping with a case.

~~~~~~

Walking into the other District, Casey bypasses the front desk and starts looking through the offices.
He looks into the next to last office and sees Hank on the phone.
Casey walks in with a pissed off look on his face. 

"Yeah, he just walked in," Hank says into the phone then hangs up

"What do you want, Matt?" Hank asks him.
"Whatever beef you have with me is fine, I don't have a problem with it. But when Shaylynn is constantly crying because she doesn't know if her Dad is going to be at her wedding, I have a problem with that!" Casey tells him, "You need to talk to her!"
Hank sits there and stares at Casey, "Did you hear me?" Casey asks him, "You need to talk to her!"
Two Officers come up behind Casey, "Sir, you need to come with us!" one of them says.
When Casey doesn't move they grab onto his arms, "Sir, if you don't come with us we will arrest you!" the other Officer tells him.
Casey takes his arms out of the Officers grips, "Talk to her!" he tells Hank once again.
He turns around and walks past the Officers, heading out of the building.

~~~~~~~

With the new shift starting, it's time for Casey and Shaylynn's wedding.
Right when the trucks are getting ready to be decorated, a call comes in for Truck and Squad.
Casey looks over at the outside door that's back by the bunkroom and sees Cindy walking out.
"Shaylynn says go! She'll be here when you return! And to stay safe!" she tells Casey with a smile.
"Looks like we're going in our dress uniforms," Severide says to Casey.

An hour has gone by when Truck and Squad finally return.
Casey sees that everyone is here and waiting for him.
Walking inside, Casey and Severide head to the bathroom to clean up.
Standing out in the hall, Casey is looking all around for something, "What are you looking for?" Severide asks him.
"My tie! I've lost it!" Casey tells him with a panicked look.
Severide starts loosening up his tie then hands it to him.