Chapter 6 "You What"

"CASEY'S DOWN! CASEY'S DOWN!" everyone hears Kidd radio out.
"We're on our way!" Cruz radios.
Severide turns around to look at Shaylynn. She turns around and is about ready to take off until Severide grabs her turnout coat.
"No! You stay with me!" he tells her, "We'll make our way out together!"
Shaylynn nods at him.
On their way down, Severide and Shaylynn find an elderly couple in the stairwell.
The man is in a wheelchair and the wife is trying to get him down the stairs while trying to cover her nose and mouth.
"Ma'am, we're here! Please let us help!" Shaylynn tells her.
"If we keep him in the wheelchair it's going to take longer," Severide says, he looks at the man, "I'm going to pick you up and carry you down the stairs!" he tells the elderly man.
The man nods at Severide as Shaylynn looks at the woman who's not doing well, "Ma'am, let me help you down."
The woman nods, Shaylynn bends over and scoops the woman up.
Severide turns around to see Shaylynn carrying the woman down the stairs, "Are you alright?" he asks her.
"She's light as a feather!" Shaylynn tells him.

Severide and Shaylynn walk outside, "GET SOME GURNEYS OVER HERE!" he shouts.
Several paramedics rush over with two gurneys.
Shaylynn lays the woman down as Severide lays down the man, "He was in a wheelchair," he tells the paramedics.
Over at Ambulance 61, Brett, Foster, and Alicia are working on Casey.
"He's not breathing!" Foster says.
"I'm going to have to intubate!" Brett says, Alicia, handing her the necessary tools.
Brett starts inserting the tube, "He's flatlined!" Alicia says starting chest compressions.
With every push Alicia does, her body starts to ache for not being totally healed from being trapped.
She looks over to see Shaylynn's out of the building, "SHAYLYNN!" Alicia yells.
Shaylynn looks over to see Alicia, Brett, and Foster frantically working on Casey with most of 51 standing around with worried looks on their faces.
Taking off her tank, Shaylynn drops it to the ground and takes off running throwing her helmet to the ground on the way.
"What's going on?!" Shaylynn asks Alicia.
"We need your help!" Alicia tells her as Brett and Foster put the gurney in the Ambulance.
"Name it!" Shaylynn says.
"I need for you to do chest compressions!" Alicia says as Brett gets up into the Ambulance, then Alicia.
Seeing there is no more room, Shaylynn gets up into the Ambulance, gets on the gurney, straddles Casey and starts chest compressions as the doors are closed.

~~~~~~~

On the way to the Med, Brett and Alicia are working on Casey, "Should she be straddling Casey like that?" Brett asks Alicia.
"Come on, Baby! Don't you leave me like this!" Shaylynn says looking down at Casey.
Brett gets a shocked look on her face, "If you haven't figured it out, they're together!" Alicia says as the Ambulance stops and the back doors open.
"Shaylynn, you have to get off," Alicia tells her.
"Just pull the gurney out with me on it!" Shaylynn says still doing chest compressions.
A couple of orderlies help pull the gurney out, Shaylynn lays down some to make sure she clears the Ambulances doorway.
Once she does, she sits back up and starts chest compressions again.
The orderlies along with Alicia, Brett, and Foster push the gurney into the ED.
"What do you have?" Dr. Halstead asks.
Brett tells him as he stares at Shaylynn who's still straddling Casey doing chest compressions.
They roll him into Trauma 4, "Shaylynn, we can take it from here!" Dr. Halstead tells her.
Shaylynn looks over at him and nods. She stops as a nurse takes over.
Putting her hands on Dr. Halstead's shoulders, he puts his hands under her arms and helps her off.
Shaylynn quickly gets out of the way.
Backing out she backs up into Boden and Severide. They each put a hand on one of her arms.
Looking in, Shaylynn can feel tears running down her face.
"Why don't we go to the waiting area to give them room," Boden says to everyone.
Everyone walks out and sits down, everyone except Shaylynn.
Instead, she walks outside.
She can feel an attack coming on.
She screams, drops to her knees, and starts crying uncontrollably.
Severide and Boden run out to her, Severide helping her to stand up and hugging her, "He's going to be fine!" he tells her.
Boden looks at Severide with a confused look, "They're dating," Severide tells him.
Boden nods with a surprised look on his face.
Shaylynn starts crying more, "Shaylynn, he's going to be fine!" Severide tells her again.
She backs up from Severide, "That's what I was told about Marshall after they pulled him out of the building and at the hospital! He's going to be fine is what I was told over and over! He wasn't fine! He was dead!"
Shaylynn looks in and sees them moving Casey out of the trauma bay and toward the elevators.
She takes off running inside where she's stopped by Dr. Halstead, "Where are they taking him?" she asks.
"Up to ICU," he tells her.
Shaylynn tries to get past him, "You're going to have to wait until he's settled in," he tells her.
"Will, I'll move you if I have to," she tells him sticking her hand into a pocket on her turnout coat.
Dr. Halstead looks down then back up at her, "Shaylynn, don't!" he tells her motioning to Severide to come inside.
He quickly walks up behind Shaylynn, "You better take your girl out of here before I have to call security!" Dr. Halstead tells Severide.
This pisses off Shaylynn, "What the fuck, Will! His girl! I'm not his girl!" she yells at Dr. Halstead getting closer to him.
Severide hurries and grabs her, "Shaylynn, come on!" he tells her, "If you don't calm down they won't let you see Matt!"
Hearing this calms her down. She looks at Dr. Halstead with a glare before walking out of the ED.