Chapter 14 "Your Time Is Coming"

Boden and Severide walk up to Casey and Shaylynn, "Congratulations!" Boden tells them both then looks at Shaylynn, "We'll need to talk once we get back to the Firehouse," he tells her.
Shaylynn nods at him.
Boden walks away, "Congratulations you two!" Severide says shaking Casey's hand then gives Shaylynn a hug, he smiles at them, "What?" Casey asks him.
"Squad and Truck have finally become one!" Severide says then smiles hitting Casey on the back.
Severide walks away, "How long have you known?" Casey asks her.
"Since this morning. I knew something wasn't right. I'm getting more emotional over things and my period is over two weeks late," she tells him, "So I took a test before I left this morning."
"When were you planning on telling me?" Casey asks her.
"I was going to surprise you," she tells him, "I wasn't planning on telling you like this but after that stunt you pulled pissed me off! As soon as you walked out with Kelly, a switch flipped."
"Alright everyone, let's go!" Boden yells out.

~~~~~~~~

Back at the Firehouse, everyone walks into the Common room, "Herrmann, can I speak with you," Boden asks him.
"Sure, Chief," Herrmann says walking with Boden toward his office.
Five minutes later, Foster comes into the Common room, "Casey, Severide, Shaylynn, the Chief would like to see you guys," she tells him.
The three of them walk out and head to Boden's office.
Boden sees them and waves them in, "With Shaylynn's news, she can no longer be on Squad. I was talking to Herrmann and we came up with a way for Shaylynn to still be able to go out on calls," Boden tells them, "Since she's qualified for Squad I imagine she knows how to run the pumps," he says.
Shaylynn smiles at Boden knowing what he's getting at, "She'll be running the pumps up until she no longer can," he says.
"Welcome to Engine 51," Herrmann says smiling at Shaylynn.
"It was nice having you on Squad," Severide tells her then smiles.
"She's mine now!" Herrmann says smiling at Casey when a call comes in.
Herrmann gets a surprised look on his face when he hears the address.
"What is it?" Boden asks.
"That's the church my family goes to," Herrmann tells them.
All of them hurry out.
Casey hurries over to Shaylynn, "Be careful!" he tells her giving her a quick kiss with Gorsch looking on.

On Engine, they're wondering why Shaylynn's riding with them, "Shaylynn's going to be running the pumps," Herrmann tells them.
Ritter's sitting beside Shaylynn, "Congratulations!" he tells her.
"Thank you!" she tells him, "I'm sorry we haven't a chance to really talk. Are you enjoying 51?" she asks.
"Yes, I enjoy being here," Ritter tells her.
"Mouch told me you have a Dalmatian, is this true?" Shaylynn asks.
"Yes, her name's Tuesday," he tells her.
Shaylynn smiles, "You're coming to the wedding, right?" she asks Ritter.
"Yes," he says sort of shyly.
"Great! Can you bring her with you?" Shaylynn asks him.
Ritter looks at her confused, Shaylynn laughs at him, "I would love to have her as the ring bearer. Or I guess you could say ring dog," she tells him.
"You really want to use her?" Ritter asks.
"Yes, I love to be different. Plus since the wedding is at the Firehouse what better than to have a Dalmatian deliver the rings," Shaylynn tells him as they pull up in front of the church.

Getting out of the trucks, Boden looks at the flames, "It looks like the fire is up in the belfry!" he shouts out, "Do a search to make sure no one's still in there," he tells Casey and Severide.
They both nod at him and gear up.
"Are you ready?" Herrmann asks Shaylynn.
She nods at him, "I've got this!" she tells him.
Herrmann turns and walks in with the others who are carrying in two lines.
The whole time Shaylynn's focus never leaves the pump gauges.
Within ten minutes the fires out.
Squad and Truck are putting their stuff away when Herrmann and the rest of Engine start making their way out of the church.
"Shaylynn!" Herrmann yells.
Everyone stops what they're doing to see why Herrmann's yelling.
Shaylynn turns to look at Herrmann, "Is something wrong?" she asks him.
"That was perfect!" he says smiling, "I'm keeping her!" Herrmann shouts at Boden.
Boden smiles as does Casey and Severide.
The guys start loading up the hoses, "Hey! You need to use one of them to fill up the tanks!" Shaylynn shouts.
She then hurries and puts a hand over her mouth as she turns her head and looks at Herrmann.
Herrmann smiles, "You heard her! Fill up the tanks!"