Chapter 18 "Just Act Natural"

Over the course of the time Caseys off, he and Shaylynn don't talk much.
To avoid any fighting, he sleeps in one of the guest rooms.
The night before heading back to the Firehouse, Casey calls Hank so they can meet at a diner in the morning before Casey goes in.

~~~~~~~~

It's the next morning and Caseys up bright and early.
Before heading downstairs, he quietly walks into the bedroom not wanting to wake Shaylynn up.
Walking over to the bed he kisses her on top of the head, "I love you," he whispers into her ear.
He then puts a hand on her stomach, bends over and kisses it, "I love you two also."
Casey turns and quietly walks out of the room shutting the door behind him.

~~~~~~~~

Arriving at the diner, Casey sees Hank is already there. He walks over and sits down.
"What's this about Matt?" Hank asks him.
"This thing with Shaylynn, it's causing problems with our marriage. What you're asking me to do..." Casey says.
"I'm not asking!" Hank yells at Casey standing up out of the booth.

"I know your wife better than what you do! I know what's in her past and what she's capable of! If you tell her what you're doing and why she'll be all over these guys! You don't understand, she'll kill them! You don't know what's she's done in th...

"I know your wife better than what you do! I know what's in her past and what she's capable of! If you tell her what you're doing and why she'll be all over these guys! You don't understand, she'll kill them! You don't know what's she's done in the past, I do!" Hank tells Casey.
Casey just stares at Hank, "We proceed as planned!" Hank tells him, "After your shift is over, you're supposed to go to the club, right?"
"Yeah," Casey tells him.
"Alright, I'll have Antonio, Ruzek, and Atwater ready," Hank tells him.
"What for?" Casey asks him.
"For your crew! Remember, I told you that's the reason why we wanted you to get this job so I could get more guys in there," Hank reminds him.
Casey looks at his watch, "I have to go," he tells Hank as he stands up.
"Remember, not a word to Shaylynn!" Hank reminds Casey before he walks away.
Casey walks to the door and walks out.

~~~~~

Walking into the Firehouse, Casey walks straight back to his Quarters.
Severide sees him and follows behind.
"What's going on?" Severide asks as Casey sits down on his bunk.
"I did something I shouldn't have," Casey tells him.
Severide glares at him, "Nothing like that! I didn't cheat on Shaylynn. I'm helping out the Intelligence Unit and I can't tell Shaylynn about it!" Casey says, "The entire time I was off she didn't talk to me that much after I told her I applied and won a construction job."
Severide can tell Casey's really upset, "I'll leave you alone," he tells Casey and walks out.
Walking out into the hallway, Severide takes out his phone....
"Hello," Shaylynn says.
"I need to talk to you. Can you come to the Firehouse? Better yet park a block away. When you're there text me," Severide tells her.
"Alright, you'll have to give me some time," Shaylynn tells him, "I'll be in my Durango."
"Okay," Severide says, "Bye, Shaylynn."
"Bye, Kelly," Shaylynn says hanging up.

~~~~~~~

Sitting up in bed, Shaylynn runs her fingers through her hair.
She stands up and walks to the bathroom.
Taking a quick shower, she gets out and dries herself off. Looking in the mirror, she looks at the bruises on her body.
Leaving her hair in the towel, she puts on her makeup. Once that's done, she takes her hair out of the towel and starts drying it. Once it's dry, she straightens it.
Walking into her closet, she picks out an outfit along with some accessories.