Chapter 5 "Get Out"

Over at Ambulance 61, Brett and Foster are looking over Alicia.
Shaylynn walks over to Squad to put her tank and mask away when Hank walks up to her, "Why were you in there! You're not supposed to be going into fires!" he tells her.
"Not here!" she tells him walking away.
Hank walks away to check on Halstead. What they both don't know is that Cruz was inside the rig and overheard them.
Shaylynn walks up to Brett, "How is she?"
"Pretty sure she's going to be fine but she still needs to go to Med and get looked over," Brett tells her.
Shaylynn nods at her and helps Brett get the gurney inside the ambulance.
Brett gets up inside then Shaylynn closes the doors, then Foster drives off.
Shaylynn turns around to see Halstead is standing right behind her, "Thank you!" he says then kisses her.
Shaylynn backs up from him stunned, "Why did you do that?"
"Because I almost died in there! While laying on the floor I was thinking about us and what we had. And how stupid I was to let you get away!" he tells her.
"Jay, I...." she starts to say not being able to find the words.
Shaylynn can feel herself getting pissed off so she walks away and over to Squad. She opens the door, gets up inside, then slams the door shut.
Everyone else for 51 loads up so they can go to Med.
"What was going on between you and Jay?" Severide asks on the way to Med.
"It's a long story that I don't want to talk about!" she tells him turning her head and looking out the window hoping Casey didn't see what happened.
"Okay, forget that I asked," Severide says.

~~~~~~~

After arriving at Med, they find out that Alicia is going to be fine. That she's just going to have one hell of a headache along with some body aches.
Dr. Halstead walks in with Alicia's discharge papers, "Where's Dr. Choi?" she asks.
"He's on break. I told him I would bring your papers in," he says, "Did I see Shaylynn out in the waiting area wearing turnout gear?"
"Yes, why?" Alicia asks.
Dr. Halstead shakes his head, "Nothing," he says handing her, her papers.
Alicia gets up and walks out to the waiting area where everyone is.

~~~~~~

After being back at the Firehouse for a few hours, everyone starts heading to bed.
Casey starts walking to his room where his bunk is when he hears water.
Walking through the bunkroom he sees everyone is accounted for except one.
Reaching the shower room, Casey licks his lips as he watches Shaylynn step out wrapping a towel around herself.

He makes his way over to her, turns her around and starts kissing her.
Shaylynn gives him a little push, "We can't," she tells him.
"Why not?" he asks her, "Everyone's asleep!"
Shaylynn smiles at him, "Are you sure?" she asks.
"Yes, I just walked through there," he tells her.
Casey quickly takes off his coat, shirt, and pants leaving them on the floor.
He starts kissing her as he grabs Shaylynn's towel undoing it letting it drop to the floor.
They both walk into the shower stall, Casey pulling the curtain closed.

Alicia wakes up having to use the bathroom.
Getting up she heads in that direction when she hears noises coming from the shower room.
She slowly walks in that direction, reaching the doorway she walks in.
That's when she realizes the noise is moaning.
Looking down, she sees Casey's jacket along with his shirt and pants laying on the floor.
She rushes to the bathroom, then quickly heads back to her bunk.
On the way she sees Brett, Foster, and Kidd are in their bunks but no Shaylynn.
Alicia gets a surprised look on her face as she lays down and covers up.

The next morning, everyone is in the Common room getting breakfast.
Alicia is sitting across the table from Shaylynn with a huge smile on her face.
Shaylynn takes a bite, looks across the table at Alicia and sees her smiling, "What?" Shaylynn asks her.
"Nothing," Alicia says taking a bite of her breakfast.
Shaylynn gets a questioning look on her face wondering why Alicia was smiling at her for.
"Since everyone's in here, I would like to make an announcement," Herrmann says, "I'm not one to get in other people's business but if whoever was in the shower room last night if you could turn the volume down a few notches so the rest of us could sleep that would great!"
"What are you talking about?" Cruz asks.
"Last night, noises coming from the shower room," Herrmann says.
"What kind of noises are you talking about?" Mouch asks.
"Noises that a man and woman make together when they're alone," Herrmann says.
Alicia almost loses her coffee hearing what Herrmann said, as Shaylynn looks over at Casey who's looking at her and smiles. He then licks his lips remembering what they did in the shower stall. 

Severide, who's across the room, looks at Casey and sees the smile on his face

Just by that smile, Severide knows damn well it was Casey and Shaylynn.
The laughter stops and the smiles fade away when Gorsch walks in.
Shaylynn stops what she's doing and watches him.
The alarm sounds, everyone stands up and heads out.

~~~~~~

Pulling up in front of the Waldorf Astoria, everyone gets out to see the top ten floors are on fire.
"It's always the top floors," Boden says as Casey and Severide walk up to him with other Fire Companies pulling up.
Everyone walks over to where Boden, Casey, and Severide are, Shaylynn standing beside Casey. He slowly grabs her hand and intertwines his fingers with hers.
"Alright everyone, listen up! We're looking at sixty stories with one hundred and eighty-eight hotel rooms along with fifty-one condominiums. If your tank gauge gets to ten percent, GET OUT!" he says looking at Kidd, "No going below ten percent! UNDERSTOOD?!"
Everyone nods their heads.
"Cruz, you're with Mouch! Capp, you're with Herrmann! Tony, you're with Otis! Shaylynn, you're with me!" Severide tells them.
"Kidd, that leaves you with me!" Casey says, "Alicia, you're helping Brett and Foster!"
Alicia nods her head then heads over to Ambulance 61.
Casey looks at Severide, Severide nods at him.
Casey grabs the bottom of Shaylynn's turnout coat and pulls her between two trucks, "Please be careful in there!" he tells her, "Make sure to stay on Kelly's heels at all times!" Casey can see that some are starting to walk into the hotel, "I love you!" he tells her.
Shaylynn's shocked by what Casey just said, "I love you, too!" she tells him.
He moves closer and quickly kisses her before anyone sees them.
Severide walks around the truck, "Ready?" he asks.
Shaylynn looks at him, "I just have to get my tank and mask," she says.
She walks away to get her gear as Casey grabs Severide's arm, "Keep an eye on my girl," Casey tells him.
Severide smiles and nods at him.
Walking around the truck, Severide and Casey see Shaylynn's ready.
All of them start walking toward the hotel, Kidd joining them on the way.

After an hour in the hotel, a call goes out over the radio.
A call no Firefighter ever wants to hear.
"MAYDAY! MAYDAY! FIREFIGHTER DOWN!"

~~~~~~~

What do you think of the story so far? Let me know.

The character Alicia Halstead belongs to ChloeOgradyXo