[42] Game Day

Well, my brother’s having his first game today! I’m so excited! XD I’m like his second mother, so I’m super proud of him. :D

I can’t think of a song....:(

Chapter 42

Phil sat back, dressed in his football gear. He felt a nostalgic feeling in him as he thought of the upcoming game, and how he wasn’t going to be a part of it. He watched as Adam refit his shoulder pads so they fit more snugly atop his broad shoulders. “Need help, Parker?” Phil said, half-teasingly.

Adam’s eyebrow shot up as he glanced at his best friend. “Why? Are you saying you want to help me? I don’t think you’ll be able to help much with a broken arm, Pierce.”

Upon hearing that, Phil sulked.

Dean lightly punched Phil’s non-wounded arm. “Hey, stop looking so gloomy. It’s bad before a game.”

“Not like I’m playing.” Phil replied morosely.

Josh passed by with all his pearly whites showing. “Cheer up Phil! Just look at it like this! You can be our support!”

“What? Sounds too much like a cheerleader!” Phil said a little upset.

Adam laughed. “Hey, I wouldn’t mind you on the sidelines with some pom poms and doin’ some backflips.” He snorted. “If anything else, it’ll have the other team too busy looking at you instead of the game!” Dean and Josh laughed along with Adam.

Phil growled. “Shut up, asshole.”

“Who’s gonna make me?” Adam teased.

Phil gave a half-smile. “I think I know just the person.”

Adam’s eyes grew wide. “You wouldn’t.”

Phil smiled. “We’re pretty good friends you know? Better than you and her.”

Adam glared at him. “Shut the fuck up.” He stalked away, towards the other side of the locker room while Phil laughed at his retreating back.

“So who is this person?” Josh asked as he pulled his jersey over his head.

“Oh, just someone I know.” Phil said.

Dean looked over at Phil with a contemplative expression. “I wonder if he’ll be able to get her, I mean, she really isn’t happy with his lifestyle.”

“Who?” Josh asked.

“More like disgusted.” Phil replied to Dean. “Maybe if he did a three-sixty. Changed his entire attitude and stayed away from all girls. Maybe.”

“Why would Adam do that? That would be...not Adam!” Josh said.

“Not like she would be able to see his change. Maybe if he kept around her and spent all his time with her...”

“Who!”Josh exclaimed. “I hate being left in the dark about these things.”

“Maybe you shouldn’t listen in to other people’s conversations then.” Dean told Josh.

“Your mama shouldn’t listen into other’s convo’s losers.” Josh replied angrily and stomped away.

“Maybe we should tell him.” Phil said.

Dean shook his head. “You already told me, which you shouldn’t have...which I’m not complaining about...”

Phil raised an eyebrow. “Sounds like you are.”

Dean chuckled. “Fuck you too.” He pushed at Phil’s head as he turned away and went to finish getting ready.

Phil was left by himself to sigh and watch the commotion and bustle around him. As he watched, his eyes landed on Conner Jones, his replacement as Quarterback. He looked a little jittery as he fumbled with his elbow pads, a look that could almost be described as pain was plastered on his face. People kept patting him on the shoulder, sharing good lucks with him, but Phil could tell that with every guy that passed by him, his expression became more strained.