[34] Enough Is Enough!

Heyyy! How y'all doin'? Good? Good!? Answer me!!!

Okay, a little hyper, but I'm doing good! :)

>>>>Song of the Chapter: Broken Strings by James Morrison and Nelly Furtado>>>>

>>>>Pic of the chap: Dean played by Channing>>>>

Enjoy!

Chapter 34

Gabe laid in his bed with eyes closed although he was awake. He'd missed two and a half days of school, and two football practices. He had gotten so many calls that he turned off his phone. And he still had people knocking on his door every hour. How the hell was he supposed to sleep with all the noise?

He turned over in his bed, listening to his father's footsteps as he walked by his door. He heard them slow down as they approached the door. They stopped completely. And then Gabe heard not one sound. He raised an eyebrow, casting a glance at the silent door. He had expected his father knock already.

After a while, the footsteps retreated and Gabe turned his gaze up to his ceiling.

He didn't want anything to do with outside. Anger boiled in his belly every time he thought of the reason he stayed in his room.

Andy...first avoided him, and then--without telling him--went out with the slut. At first, Gabe understood. He gave Andy space. He didn't mind that much, knowing that Andy's feeling were probably everywhere, and he didn't know how to feel. That's why he gave him room.

But the scene he witnessed outside the art room, it was like Gabe's world had collapsed in on itself. He himself hadn't realized how much Andy had meant to him until that moment. Someone might as well have stabbed a knife between his ribs and it wouldn't have hurt as bad.

Gabe realized how tense he was when he felt his fists clench. Slowly, he willed his hands open and lay flat on the bed as he took in deep breaths to try and unwind.

For some reason, unwinding made him feel odd, and the tension in his body remained. He was afraid that if he truly relaxed, he would fall apart. He already felt a tickle at the corners of his eyes.

There was a knock at the door, and Gabe sat up quickly, startled. He cursed himself for not hearing the footsteps.

"Gabe?" He froze, and it felt as though his heart froze also as that soft voice reached him. "It's Andy."

Gabe didn't say anything. He really wanted to go to the door and wrench it open so he could look Andy in his face. Sitting there, he stared at the door longingly.

But to look at his face now, Gabe didn't know what he would do. He really wished that everything could go back to the way it had been. Teasing the boy and seeing his enraged face upturned to him. He even missed the punches the boy threw. Wrestling and getting scolded, he missed all of it.

Before he knew it, he was walking toward the door, but once there, he stood paralyzed. His pulse was racing. He wanted to see the boy. He wanted to see him so bad that his heart ached. He rested his hand on the door.

"Andrew Parker." Gabe whispered.

Unaware of Gabe's raging emotions, held back by pride, Andy raised a hand to knock again, but stopped himself, lightly resting his hand on door. If the door had been eliminated, the two's hands would have been resting on each other.

But neither knew this, and with a sigh, Andy's slipped away. He turned away, casting one last saddened look toward the firmly closed door before walking away.