[6] The Gang

>>>>>Michael Trevino to play Gabe>>>>>>

Song of the chapter is.....is.....uhhh.....I'm Too Sexy by Right Said Fred just because I don't know what else to pick...and the video's funny...I shake my little tush on the catwalk. XD I'm too sexy for this song. :P

Well, enjoy!

Chapter 6

Phil stood with his back to Billy, glowering at Josh. "What are you doing here Josh?"

Josh rubbed the back of his head. "Damnit Pierce! Why the hell you gotta slam me around!?"

"What'd you do to Billy?" Phil growled out, holding himself back from pummeling Josh.

"What do you mean? I came looking for you! And then she answers the door and freaks!" He stood and pointed an accusing finger at Billy.

The ragged breath had Phil looking over at his stepsister. Her eyes wasn't on him, but on Josh, horror contorting her beautiful face. And then he was watching her scurry away like an animal running for safety. He silently cursed, thinking about his promise to her not long ago. Damn, he already screwed up.

And knowing Josh's personality, Phil was glad he came when he did.

Before he could face Josh again, he was suddenly flying backwards, crashing into Dan's cherry wood, hall table. "That's for throwing me around." Phil rubbed his cheek where Josh's fist had collided. Even though it stung, he didn't strike back. If anything, the sting dissipated the red haze that had been over his eyes. But what was he to do? The first thing he saw when he came up his doorsteps was a wide open door and Josh hovering over a limp Billy.

"Sorry." Phil apologized as he stood, closing the door before looking over to the table that lay in pieces. He'd have to replace that. He massaged the small of his back. "Fuck, that hurt Hayes."

Josh was still angry, his whole body tense with it. "That's the reason you called me over? So that you could show me your shy little girlfriend?"

Phil looked at Josh with one eyebrow raised. "No. She's not my girlfriend. And no, I didn't bring you here to meet her. As I recall, I said I was going to meet up with you at your house, since you never answer your goddamn phone."

Josh opened his mouth, about to blame him with a finger, but thought more, realizing his mistake. His hand fell to his side, useless, and his mouth closed. He smacked his lips.

"Come on. Since you're here, you can help me get ready for tonight." Phil walked towards the living room. Josh followed.

"Tonight?" Josh asked, completely clueless.

Phil swiveled on him. "You didn't even listen to your messages? Read your texts? Talk to anybody?" He asked.

Josh rubbed the back of his head, looking to the side. "There were too many. I didn't want to look through all of those. But I called you back, right?" Phil swore. Of all his friends, Josh was the one he didn't understand the most.

When they're all on the field, he was easy to get along with. They were on the same level. But off the field, the guy's temper and changing attitude just fucked him up.

"Jeez, then what's the purpose of having a cell?" Josh shrugged, and Phil grit his teeth. "Dad's decided to have a get together. Your dad's coming, so I thought maybe you'd hear from one of your sources." Josh had a blank look on his face. "Guess not. Anyways, could you help me?" Josh looked like he was going to back out. "Please?" Phil asked.

Josh was silently arguing with himself. Then he sighed. "I guess since I'm here, I might as well..."

Phil's phone rang. Looking down at it, he realized it was Adam.