[71] One Hell Of A Couple

>>>>Song of the Chap: Cinema Cover by Mike Tompkins>>>>

>>>>SIGNED PHOTOGRAPH#1: Andy! [Collect all 6]>>>>

Chapter 71

The sound of metal scraping pavement filled the silence, which, with a thud, turned to metal scraping natural earth. The rough intakes and exhales of breath that accompanied it sounded like a mixture of hard breathing and sobbing.

With one large thud, the metal scraping stopped as he dropped to his knees. He raised his hands to his face and observed the tremors running through his hands with watery eyes. The sobbing grew more clear. Those same eyes passed his shaking hands and lit on the silver bat, smudged with blood on its blunt end with horror.

He hid his face in his hands, shame bleaching the color from his skin. “Shit.” Was all he could find himself to mutter.

What have I done?

                                      *      *      *     *     * 

Andy opened the car door before Gabe could come to a complete stop.

“Andy, wait!” Jerking to a full stop, Gabe was out the car and running towards Andy, not caring whether his car was in the middle of the street or not. It didn’t matter; everyone who would be driving down this road was in Andy’s house now.

Gabe caught up to him and grabbed his arm. “Andy, wait.”

Andy glared at Gabe. “Why should I? You’ve been rushing our whole date. After yesterday, you seemed so excited about going out to a formal date and it got me happy. But then you get one phone call, and you rush through it? And you won’t even tell me why?”

“That-what-ah-y-you were happy?”

“Fucking A, you stupid idiot!” Andy let his fist fly into Gabe’s stomach. The grunt Gabe uttered satisfied Andy only a little. He went to walk away, but once again, Gabe’s hand snaked out to capture his wrist.

“I’m sorry...” He grumbled, “I just wonder if everything’s okay with you because of...well, I wondered if you were even comfortable enough....”

Andy would have punched Gabe a second time if he hadn’t been still hunched over from the last one. He snatched his hand out of Gabe’s and turned and walked up the porch to his front door.“Stupid. Just. Plain. Stupid.”

“I just get so worried about this-ah! Wait! Don’t open-”

“I didn’t go out with you for you to be my mother! I went out with you so you could be my boyfriend!” Hey yelled as he opened the door.

“...Shit.” Gabe muttered.

Andy turned around and met a whole lotta surprised faces.

“Uhh...Surprise?” Someone muttered.

“What. The. Fuck!” The Dame’s voice rang out so clear and loud, no one could deny he was Gabe’s father.

Fred just looked at his son in surprise. “Ah,” he cleared his throat, “I guess we’ll have to talk about this...um...later.” He mumbled. He rubbed a hand over his face.

“Like hell we are! How about we fucking talk about this now!” The last part of The Dame’s declaration was muffled by a hand--Dan’s.

“Shut up, okay? Did you forget why we were here?” Dan whispered in his ear.

“But they-”

“Shut the hell up. We’ve got all the time in the world tomorrow to scold and stuff.” Dan said.