[32] The Dork Couple

Hey guys! Sorry for the short chapter! And thank you for your votes and support! I appreaciate it so much!!!! You don't know how much!

>>>>Song of the chapter: Superhuman by Chris Brown and Keri Hilson>>>>

Chapter 32

Dan hauled his tired body out of bed and trudged downstairs for a large cup of coffee. He’d stayed up waiting for Josh to return with Billy so he could talk with him. Sometime around three, he’d dozed off, and woke up an hour later. Afraid that he’d missed them, he went upstairs and looked into BIlly’s room. There she was, lightly snoring away. He cursed himself as he went to his own bed, telling himself he’d have to wait until the next day to chew out the teenager.

Dan opened the kitchen door. He frowned when he saw Billy at the stove, cooking herself some eggs. She was humming to herself which was something Dan had never seen her do.

He walked over to the coffeemaker, clearing his throat, his mustache twitching as he sniffed. “Morning. You seem to be in a good mood.”

Billy smiled widely at him. “Yeah.” Her smile fell as she looked at her eggs again. Dan shook his head. Even after five months here, she still couldn’t make eggs right.

He grabbed the skillet from her. “Go get the carton of eggs from the fridge.” He said, dumping the ruins in the trash and taking the skillet to the sink to scrub it before setting it back on the stove.

With Billy watching, Dan made her breakfast. While he did, he asked, “ So...what time did you get home last night?”

Billy shrugged. “I don’t know. Josh brought me home.”

Dan grit his teeth. “I know that.” He took a deep breath. “So, uh...where did he take you?”

“To a lake. It was so pretty.” She smiled as she remembered the sight.
“Oh?” He looked at her from the side of his eye. She sure was glowing. “Did he...do anything to you?” He seemed to be awkward just asking the question.

Billy thought for a moment before her cheeks grew red. Dan observed this, and it only added to his ill temper.

As he scooped Billy’s eggs onto a plate, his phone rang. Handing the plate over to Billy, he answered it. “Hello?”

“Hey Dan, I just sent over Adam.” Fred said. Dan froze.

“Crap.” He’d forgotten all about it, so worried over Josh and his step-daughter.

“You haven’t told Phil yet?”

“No. I forgot. I was sidetracked by another problem. I’ll tell him right now.”

The doorbell rang the next moment, and Dan sighed. “I think Adam just got here.” Phil’s enraged voice could be heard clearly in the kitchen. “Damn, Phil just answered the door. I’ll talk to you later.” With that, he hung up, just as Phil barged in.

“What. The hell. Is Parker doing here!” Phil hissed.

“You’re going to be giving him a ride to school for about a month. Forgot to mention that yesterday.” Dan said.
“The hell I am! Make the fucker walk!” Phil roared.

“Hey, it’s not like I asked for this, shitbag.” Adam said, annoyance writ all over his face as he strode in with his hands in his pockets.

“I must not have heard you, did you just-” Both boys were now glaring at each other, standing nose to nose.

“I don’t care what you want to do Phil, you’re taking Adam.” Dan said forcefully, raising his voice in authority.

“But dad-”

“Must I remind you who put up the money to fix up your truck?”

Phil scowled and turned on his heel and marched out the kitchen.

Dan looked at Adam and jerked his head in Phil’s direction. “Get going.”

Adam sighed. “What a fucking nuisance.” He kicked the door open and followed Phil.

Dan sighed, his shoulders dropped. “These boys...” He looked over to see Billy still standing next to the stove, plate of untouched eggs still in hand. “You might want to eat those. They taste horrible when they’re cold. We’ll be leaving in a couple minutes, so make sure you’re ready.”

~ • ~ • ~

You have reached the number of Gabe Davis. Please leave-’ Andy snapped his cell shut in irritation. He hadn’t seen Gabe since Sunday night at Dean’s. “Damn it Gabe, answer your phone!” He’d called him about thirty times already, but not once had it gone through.

An ache developed in his chest as he accepted the fact that Gabe was avoiding him. A horn sounded outside and Andy rushed out of his house. Dean had agreed to pick him up since Adam had his car confiscated yesterday.

As he got in, he asked, “Have you seen your cousin?”

Dean thought for a moment. “No...not since Sunday.”

Andy knew it. He sighed.

Dean glanced at the sophomore. “So, you two...are you, you know...” The rest was implied.

Andy felt embarrassed just talking of the matter. “I...don’t know.” He honestly declared. “My emotions are everywhere, and I still haven’t sorted them out, but that doesn’t mean I have to stay away from Gabe, does it?”

“I never said that.” Silence descended for a quick moment. “You know, Gabe’s very action based. He doesn’t think before he responds. I honestly believe he’s serious, so-”

“I understand.” Andy said shortly. The emotions roiled through him and he stayed to himself as they stopped in front of Josh’s house. Surprisingly, he was standing in front, waiting for Dean with a huge smile on his face.

“Hey guys!” He said. I’ve had such an awesome evening!” He beamed.

“Yeah, I heard from Phil this morning. How’d it go with Billy?”

“Awesome! I took her to the old hideout we used to go to all the time.” He bragged.

“Oh really? Maybe I’ll take Becca over there on our next date.” Dean said as they pulled into the school parking lot.

Josh had a devilish smile on his face as he looked at Dean. “My girlfriend’s better than yours.”

Dean just laughed and shook his head. “Whatever you say.”

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Always! Josh cannot say anything normal, can he?

Quick Fact: Did you know that the person Dean calls mom is actually his step mom? And his step mom is Damen Davis' sister. That's how they're cousins. :D

Question: How old do you think Dan is? (I'm curious XD)

Until Then(with loves),

~Kyeire~