[56] Unable To Hold...

>>>>Song Of The Chap: Never Gonna Leave Your Side by Daniel Beddingfield. I used to be so in love with this song years ago. Oddly, I feel as though this chapter fits well with this song.>>>>

>>>>Pic of the chap: Josh played by Ian Somerhalder>>>>

Enjoy!

Chapter 56

“Please, Dean...I’m...I’m sorry.”

All eyes were wide.

“Well call me a blue parakeet and make me sing!” Josh whispered.

Phil was completely shocked to silence.

Dean’s emotions became conflicted. He wanted to stay mad at the jock in front of him with his knees, hands and head in the mud. Wanted to hate the hell out of his guts for the rest of his life...but he was softening.

With a strangled yelp, he kicked Adam in the shoulder, making the boy tumble. “Fuck you!” he bellowed as he stood and stalked away.

Josh jogged after Dean, and after a moment where Phil looked torn, looking between his best bud and Dean, he followed Josh. Adam watched for a few moments and then stood and sighed.

He looked around to see that he was left alone. Where the hell had his brother and Gabe disappeared to?

He sighed again and found his way out of the hideout.

Sitting next to Phil’s white truck sat the green mustang Gabe hardly drove.They must have walked somewhere. Adam guessed it was good thing since they were all wet and muddy. Not good for the car seats.

From Phil’s truck, he could barely see the two girls beyond the fogged windows. Which was good enough. He didn't really want to see anyone right now.

He trudged past the truck, intending to go home, but paused when he heard one of the truck’s doors open and close.

He turned slightly to see Becca’s figure walking through the rain. He made some comment about she should get back in the car and out of the rain, but she ignored his advice and kept drawing nearer.

When she finally came to stand in front of him, horror took over her face when she saw his swollen one. Her hands started to come up as she questioned him about his face, but he stilled her hands with his and muttered something. One word.

Becca was slightly confused.

But Adam wasn’t finished speaking, the words poured out of him in a torrent of low sounds. It was all but muted by the rain, but Becca heard them and tears came to her eyes.

A movement behind Adam caught her attention and she sobbed loud, looking at Dean whose face was completely stone.

Then she wailed and threw herself into his arms.

Dean looked surprised at first, shocked to stillness. And then slowly, his arms circled her, crushing her to his body as though he wanted to absorb her into his skin, and blessed happiness fell upon his face. They didn’t mind about the mud all over him, nor did they even seem to take notice of the torrents of rain falling from the dark, angry clouds above.

Adam watched for only a handful of seconds more before he turned and walked away.

“Fuck! My cast’s ruined!” Phil cursed as he and Josh barged into the Pierce residence.

“Aren’t you getting it off tomorrow?” Josh muttered, pausing in the doorway and shook like a dog to try and get rid of a little of the water that was steadily dripping from him. Not like it helped much.